4.2 bugs

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

FLRob27

Re: 4.2 bugs

#151 Post by FLRob27 »

jph wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:30 am
FLRob27 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:58 am
Can't tell you how long I sat scratching my head before I went with Sherlock Holmes..." when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" :D :D
or as usually ? a huge PBCAK !

(problem between chair and keyboard)

check your own code first by removing it from the equation and using default aircraft and default AM panels (FROM SIM-INNOVATION - Air Manager themselves) - not some third party frat cub trying to work around the abortion that is fs2020

Enjoy

@jph I appreciate your feedback, but could do without the condescending remarks. You continually make remarks that are not for the good of the community, but rather to feed your own ego and your posts often fill an otherwise positive environment with a lot of negative energy. I'm not sure why you continually parade around this forum discrediting those who choose a different simulator than what you consider to be superior. And while there may be valid arguments as to which simulator is superior, at the end of the day this application chose to support this simulator. Us "third party frat cubs" could probably learn much from a more seasoned colleague such as yourself, but instead you continually belittle members and at this point most people on this forum choose to ignore you, rightfully so.

To get back to my original posting, I was just looking to see if this was a known bug before digging further. I should have included the fact that I had tested default planes and multiple 3rd parties before posting. Now that I know that this is not a known bug, I spent some more time digging into it and concluded that the bug solely relied on any "fs2020_variable_write" statements. @Corjan you should be able to test this script to see the bug. Being the issue seems to rely on the fs2020_variable_write it's difficult to find basic planes that need a variable write statment, but I found an instance in the CJ4 which is now a "default" plane, i.e. nothing is required in the MSFS community folder.

My steps to reproduce the issue included:
-Shut down MSFS and AM
-Run the 4.1Beta5 AM plugin installer.
-Boot MSFS Simulator
-Load CJ4 Plane at airport parking spot
-Confirm toggling the Emer Light Armed Switch works in the simulator and you can toggle the switch back and forth without issue (see picture for toggle switch).
-Boot AM 4.1.6Run the script attached.
-Confirm you can use AM to toggle the switch back and forth without issues and the simulator switch follows AM.
-Attempt to toggle the switch in the simulator, and you should not be able too. This is the bug I'm reporting, where the simulator seems to be "locked" out.
-The only resolution I've found is to restart the simulator entirely. Neither closing AM, or returning to the simulator's home screen resolves the issue.
-However, shutting all down, and installing Plugin 4.0, and following the above procedure does not produce the "lockout" .

Please let me know what additional information I can provide to be helpful.
!AM_Test - .siff
(44.82 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
image.png
Developer
SIMSTRUMENTATION
EXTERMINATE THE MICE FROM YOUR COCKPIT!
https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air-Manager

jph

#152 Post by jph »

@FLRob27
just pointing out the 'bleeding obvious' dear boy. I am really glad it pointed you in the direction of using non -'add-on' 'platforms' to track a course of action to reproduce a fault. :D that is far more helpful than the vague (now classed as 'joking') post you made ?.
Well done.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#153 Post by Keith Baxter »

jph wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:48 am @FLRob27
just pointing out the 'bleeding obvious' dear boy. I am really glad it pointed you in the direction of using non -'add-on' 'platforms' to track a course of action to reproduce a fault. :D that is far more helpful than the vague (now classed as 'joking') post you made ?.
Well done.
@Corjan @Ralph
This attitude is what is driving AM users away from the forum and to other sources.

If this is not sorted out soon, you will have a rebel from the forum members and I will not be surprised if the community drives that.
Enough is enough.
It is unpleasant to post here now and continue to get criticized let alone read Joe's smitten comments on other members posts..

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Crunchmeister

#154 Post by Crunchmeister »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:35 pm @Corjan @Ralph
This attitude is what is driving AM users away from the forum and to other sources. ...

... It is unpleasant to post here now and continue to get criticized let alone read Joe's smitten comments on other members posts..
100% agree with this sentiment, and I've heard that from many first-time posters who have left immediately after their first hostile encounter.

The irony is a new AM / MSFS user's first encounter with him is what drives them to the "Discard" servers that he knows nothing of, but likes to hate on and pontificate about. At least there, people can ask questions and get help without being torn a new one simply for not using someone else's preferred simulator. They get genuine, insightful answers to their questions, or at the very least, get pointed in the right direction to find their answers. These Discords have grown into vibrant, active communities with friendly folks having relaxed, respectful conversations about ANY simulator. They've become a great avenue of learning for people looking to get into instrument development. Sadly, that should be the purpose of THIS forum, but our resident gatekeeper turns anyone away if their sim preference doesn't align with his. And the lack of any reprimand from staff for this grotesque, childish behaviour gets interpreted as this being the stance of Sim Innovations, and people leave, never to return.

And of course, it's not much of an incentive for longer-term users to post if any mention of MSFS will result in some condescending nastygram from jph denigrating the poster for using MSFS and belittling and dismissing anything they say. Personally, I've run many online communities over the last 30+ years, from operating a BBS back in the day (I'm aging myself here), administering / moderating various Internet forums, Facebook groups, and now Discord. Despite my rather lax style of community management with as few rules as possible, never would I have ever tolerated a user behaving in this childish fashion. If I didn't know he was a grown adult, I would think he was an angsty teenager arguing with other kids that his favourite band is the best and anything else people are listening to is shit, despite him having never actually listened to anything that he's putting down and calling people stupid for liking. This is the kind of shitposting you see kids on Reddit doing. And that's the reason I don't post on Reddit and only post minimally here.

Like it or not, MSFS is where the money is these days. That's the reality of the current sim landscape, for better of for worse. Sim Innovations obviously know this and have been on the ball supporting it. That's allowing growing communities of AM users to create a lot of wonderful new instruments for a bunch of new planes and adds incredible value to AM at no extra cost to anyone other than creators' time. That in turn drives increased sales of Air Manager, Knobsters, and payware instruments / panels. Sim Innovations wins big with increased revenue, and end users benefit from the continued development and new features. No one loses out.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I have no sway or influence on how this forum is run, nor would I try to impose my will on it. That's just how I see it. Take this as you will.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Sling

#155 Post by Sling »

I think my feelings on this are already clear. I’ve had this user blocked since it became clear to me that they can’t/won’t change their ways. I advise everyone else to do the same. Should of been kicked long ago for the sake of this forum.

jph

#156 Post by jph »

:D
ah, the same little group of toxic cohorts. How surprising. ;)
:lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Puukka

#157 Post by Puukka »

Sling, Chrunchmeister, Rob, Keith…they are of the most creative and also kind persons using this wonderful software….haven‘t found out your part yet…
Regards
Herbert Puukka

MSFS - CRJ, X-Plane - Citation X, Air Manager, FSHud, Navigraph

Corjan

#158 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I fully understand the sentiment; will talk to Joe again in private.
Not very crassy to do this in public.

Corjan

jph

#159 Post by jph »

What a fekking coward. :lol: - it wasn't me mummy/////// .....
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Corjan

#160 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Feel like this is a new low for this forum, having to bad someone.

But had no choice. Ban will be lifted in one month from now,

Corjan