4.2 bugs

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: 4.2 bugs

#51 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:35 pm .../...
Anyway this is for @Corjan benefit. I am sure he understands.

Keith
I've just checked at the moment with config.sqlite3 deletion and the instruments list is rebuild correctly, so I confirm there's really an issue in reading the current existing database and append the enumeration of folders, through the scan performed on AM start

SimPassion

#52 Post by SimPassion »

Just to mention, I will revert to the initial database, even with issue in it, otherwise I would miss all my already set panels

So, there's need to get a solution to solve this issue using either AM internal or external repair tool : if we are able to compromise a database with unexpected algorithm switching, we also have to provide a way to recover user situation ;-)

Keith Baxter

#53 Post by Keith Baxter »

SimPassion wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:02 pm Just to mention, I will revert to the initial database, even with issue in it, otherwise I would miss all my already set panels

So, there's need to get a solution to solve this issue using either AM internal or external repair tool : if we are able to compromise a database with unexpected algorithm switching, we also have to provide a way to recover user situation ;-)
Hi,

I agree and a concern. I have not had the time to check all my instruments.

This (IMHO) is not a minor bug. It has serious impact on peeps instrument dev and work. I am sure it will be addressed with urgency.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#54 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Corjan

If this helps, Duplicates seems with personal instruments created in personal panels.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#55 Post by Keith Baxter »

Thanks for fixing this @Corjan

May I ask what the "Manual" feature is please?

I did request some time back for txt and pdf files be allowed within the instrument. You guys rejected that request because of "space" within the instrument folder which would affect the community instrument and panel folder size . Just wondering if there is a turn-around on that decision?

Instruments like the G275 and MV50 need instructions on how to use and setup instructions. Just like your G5 and other premium instruments that SI and the community keep getting asked about.

Would be nice if there is a rethink and a feature coming.

ice_screenshot_20221118-190429.png
ice_screenshot_20221118-190429.png (9.27 KiB) Viewed 2492 times
Keith

Keith Baxter

#56 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Corjan

Something is creating ghost instrument.
I spent many hours cleaning up my instrument folder and now i get this.

The folder is not "empty" but all files are empty except the info.xml
ice_screenshot_20221118-221655.png
Keith

EDIT: I have deleted the three auto generated instruments and will await the next beta update to see if there are any more auto instrument creations.

SimPassion

#57 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:29 pm @Corjan

Something is creating ghost instrument.
I spent many hours cleaning up my instrument folder and now i get this.

The folder is not "empty" but all files are empty except the info.xml

Keith
I guess you're not performing like this Keith, however when we click on the new instrument icon and simply change our mind, so we close only the pop-up window, an instrument is still created and info are also written in the database, simply because the upper right cross icon of the pop-up is not a "Cancel" like, then things start to go wrong and one day we retrieve a lot of empty instrument in the pane list of [Create/Edit], each single one with the same name of each other, which is "-" (minus) ... ;-)

Keith Baxter

#58 Post by Keith Baxter »

SimPassion wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:39 pm I guess you're not performing like this Keith, however when we click on the new instrument icon and simply change our mind, so we close only the pop-up window, an instrument is still created and info are also written in the database, simply because the upper right cross icon of the pop-up is not a "Cancel" like, then things start to go wrong and one day we retrieve a lot of empty instrument in the pane list of [Create/Edit], each single one with the same name of each other, which is "-" (minus) ... ;-)
Ahh Correct Gilles. So not auto creation....

This is something @Corjan needs to address. Perhaps the X should delete the instrument creation if the aircraft or type fields are blank. Well spotted. :geek:

Keith

Sling

#59 Post by Sling »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:07 pm Thanks for fixing this @Corjan

May I ask what the "Manual" feature is please?

I did request some time back for txt and pdf files be allowed within the instrument. You guys rejected that request because of "space" within the instrument folder which would affect the community instrument and panel folder size . Just wondering if there is a turn-around on that decision?

Instruments like the G275 and MV50 need instructions on how to use and setup instructions. Just like your G5 and other premium instruments that SI and the community keep getting asked about.

Would be nice if there is a rethink and a feature coming.

ice_screenshot_20221118-190429.png

Keith
It is to indeed allow a PDF manual for a panel to be included.

SimPassion

#60 Post by SimPassion »

The document should be named "manual.pdf" and located in the panel root folder

Here's a sample while adding a Panel in [Home] tab :

image.png

and also after clicking on <More information> button from the previous pop-up window :

image.png