4.2 bugs

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Corjan

Re: 4.2 bugs

#101 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Seems to work fine here, both in create/edit and home tab.
Will push a new BETA shortly, let me know if the problem persists,

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#102 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:53 pm Hi,

Corjan
Thank you for you time. Will do.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#103 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:53 pm Hi,

Corjan
Hi,

Corjan it CTD on boot up here. No chance to get to create/edit

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#104 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi, @Corjan

Sorry, here is another one. Still on (beta7). If I empty the instrument OPEN_DIRECTORY and then restart AM all is fine. If I now want to import a instrument via create/edit, AM CTD.

I found this out when I thought the issue was importing rather than pasting the UUID into the OPED_DIRECTORY.

Keith

EDIT: I think you need to jump on my machine. If I want to grab AM and move it fast to another position AM CTD.

WE can do this on the discord and team viewer if you want. Just let me know.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#105 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I can confirm that the issue is two things.

1) Empty OPEN_DIRECTORY causing import issues and grey out icons in the create/edit. Add a small instrument then all is good. No grayed out icons and import works.
Also the CTD does not happen when mouse is hovered over import or other icons when OPEN_DIRECTORY is NOT empty. Also fast positioning of the console remains stable and does not CTD

2) If the "CLONE" instrument is imported then it works without CTD. Close down AM and restart, then CTD on boot up.

Keith

Tetrachromat

#106 Post by Tetrachromat »

Hi @Keith Baxter , I would like to report a bug with the new editor tabs. But I'm still on BETA 6. Did not update to BETA 7 because of your reports here. Maybe you can check it the bug below is still on BETA 7:

I created 2 instruments with 'New'. When I select instrument #2 the tab 'Instrument 2' appears. As i want it to remain visible I made it 'sticky' using the pin icon. After I select instrument #1 the tab 'Instrument 1' appears.
Selecting instrument 2 again adds another tab 'Instrument 2' to the editor. I can repeat this to have any number of tabs for the same instrument.

multiple tabs for the same instrument.png

My expectation is that when I select the same instrument again, that the editor pane displays the associated content in the already existing tab.

There is no value in having multiple tabs with the same content.

Actually I don't see any real value in having more than two tabs at all. It would be even better to have two separate panes, to see the content of two different instruments at the same time.

Any thoughts?

Keith Baxter

#107 Post by Keith Baxter »

Tetrachromat wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:55 pm Hi @Keith Baxter , I would like to report a bug with the new editor tabs. But I'm still on BETA 6. Did not update to BETA 7 because of your reports here. Maybe you can check it the bug below is still on BETA 7:

I created 2 instruments with 'New'. When I select instrument #2 the tab 'Instrument 2' appears. As i want it to remain visible I made it 'sticky' using the pin icon. After I select instrument #1 the tab 'Instrument 1' appears.
Selecting instrument 2 again adds another tab 'Instrument 2' to the editor. I can repeat this to have any number of tabs for the same instrument.

multiple tabs for the same instrument.png

My expectation is that when I select the same instrument again, that the editor pane displays the associated content in the already existing tab.

There is no value in having multiple tabs with the same content.

Actually I don't see any real value in having more than two tabs at all. It would be even better to have two separate panes, to see the content of two different instruments at the same time.

Any thoughts?
Hi Paul,

Yes once a tab is pinned then it remains no matter what other instrument is selected in the instrument list. I can reproduce what you say.
Something for Corjan to consider.
Regarding your other question about beta7. I would wait for the next beta. The reason is that if you do have a empty UUID folder then you will have to find it as AM will not open. This is a quite a task.

Keith

Corjan

#108 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

This is done on purpose.
There are situations where you want to run multiple instances of the same instrument. With different user properties.

Corjan

Tetrachromat

#109 Post by Tetrachromat »

Does this mean that we will also be able to run multiple instruments concurrently from the editor?

Ralph

#110 Post by Ralph »

Yes, that's the whole idea. So you can for example test inter instrument communication.