G1000 nxi

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

brannonsweet

G1000 nxi

#1 Post by brannonsweet »

Does Air Manager work with flight sim update 10,? I am referring tothe new default g1000 nxi? I loaded up the g1000 nxi bezel, popped out the pdf, and I got nothing but audible clicks when I push the buttons. The actual pushing of the buttons does nothing. The turning of the knobs does mostly nothing. The exception is the range knob. It doesn’t do anything to the PFD or mfd, but it moves my camera view around and up so I am staring at the roof of the plane. Totally bizarre. Anyhow, I am disappointed. I bought a nice touch screen and a air manager with hopes that I could control the pdf or mfd from the touch screen, but is plain just doesn’t work. For me. How about you?

Ralph

Re: G1000 nxi

#2 Post by Ralph »

The NXi bezel was made for the add-on. If it has become part of the default simulator, then you might have to use the standard G1000 bezel in Air Manager.

brannonsweet

#3 Post by brannonsweet »

Thanks. I initially tried the original g1000 bezel and had no luck. I didn’t even hear audible switch presses like I did with the nxi bezel. So, yah. Neither work for me in flight sim2020 update 10. Kinda defeats my whole purpose for buying Air Manager and 2 nice 200 dollar 14” touch screens for the g1000 glass cockpit. I suppose I can try legacy aircraft with more simple instruments. Pre glass cockpit days. I should have asked before spending. I thought I saw it working in YouTube videos…

brannonsweet

#4 Post by brannonsweet »

Turns out, the legacy stock c172 panel touch controls are not working either.
Am I missing something? In windows the touch screen works with browsing, touch clicking etc. But the panel buttons are doing nothing!! I have the input mode of the panel set to Mouse and touch. What am I missing??
Heck, the buttons don't do anything when I mouse click them either. ANd when i use the mouse to turn , the heading indicator for example, the knob turns but the bud doesn't.
It's like I'm using a demo version or a bugged software here. Or I missed a step.
Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled air manager, and the panels still don't work. The mouse clicks don't work nor does touch.

Any help would be appreciated. I emailed support yesterday and haven't heard back, so I was hoping the forums here would be somewhat active with a friendly helpful community :)

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Both the overlays will work just fine with SU10. This sounds more like a sim connection issue.

Do you have the latest plug-in installed?
Does it say connected to MSFS in the bottom corner of the AM window?
Have you followed the connection issue troubleshooting steps on the Sim Innovations wiki?

Crunchmeister

#6 Post by Crunchmeister »

I built the G1000 NXi overlays that are in Air Manager. The bezels were designed specifically for MSFS and the Working Title G1000 NXi.

I was using them throughout the whole SU10 beta and used them again 2 days ago. They work perfectly fine. It sounds like you have a connection issue between Air Manager and MSFS since the other stock C172 instruments aren't working either. Be sure the Air Manager plugin for MSFS is installed or else nothing will work.
Last edited by Crunchmeister on Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

You'll have to show some patience please.

Make sure that you have the latest plugin:
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... stallation

The simulator should not be running when you install this.
If that does not help see:
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... n_problems

brannonsweet

#8 Post by brannonsweet »

Problem solved!!!

Thanks all for your fast solution. While I originally installed the plug in a week prior to Msfs update 10, I did not reinstall the plug-in after update 10. All,of the problems that I had were because of just that. So all I simply did was re install the Air Manager plugin, like you said..and……whale! I am a happy camper. Luv it. Making my knobster tonight and looking foreword to trying it tomorrow. :D