Creation rule in firewall to allow AM internet access

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

montymay

Creation rule in firewall to allow AM internet access

#1 Post by montymay »

My ipad air cannot run AM because the firewall is blocking the connection to my local wireless network. I know this because when I turn the firewall off, connection occurs. I am using Avast Premium Security as firewall protection. But I cannot find AM in the list of active apps in the Firewall window even when AM is running on my Windows 11 PC. I see Air Player and I see a program named Bootloader.exe in the AM folder, but not Air Manager. Why is AM not appearing? If I could find AM I could create an exception in Avast allowing access. I understand that my PC running MSFS and AM must both be connected to same wireless network. Thanks for any suggestions.

Monty

Ralph

Re: Creation rule in firewall to allow AM internet access

#2 Post by Ralph »

You'll have to look for javaw.exe

jph

Re: Creation rule in firewall to allow AM internet access

#3 Post by jph »

Press ctrl alt esc, under processes with AM started check the process openjdk platform library and air manager is running under that.
In the firewall it will be something like Java(TM) Platform SE Binary.

As for avast, ? - on windows ??? best thing you can do is to turn the damn thing off and just run Defender which is a perfectly good firewall and absolutely fine. You do not, under an circumstances need any form of additional firewall.
Why people clog up their systems with totally unnecessary bloatware like this I fail to understand.

(oops, sorry Ralph we overlapped there)
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.