Help Please With AP!

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

The Artful Dodger

Help Please With AP!

#1 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello:
I need help with two things:

1. I have just spent a large portion of the afternoon attempting to "push" my HUD through to the sim. Out of all those tries, it worked only once (see number 2 below). It isn't a connection problem because both AP and AM see the sim. It's just that when I try to push the instrument through, either I'm not pushing correctly or AP isn't getting the word. I did notice that the one time it worked, when I hovered (this may mean 'to vacuum', I'm not sure of the spelling) over the icon of the AP in the task bar, the one time it worked, it brought up an image of the HUD. The rest of the time, nothing!

2. I need Sim Innovations (Ralph promised to work on this but I haven't heard back) to provide me with a way that I can test my HUD without the white background. It doesn't matter to solid instruments, but a HUD, by its very nature, requires a transparent background. I don't completely understand why it's there in the first place, and it doesn't affect very many instruments/simmers but it it affects me in a huge way!

Thanks in advance,

Sparky

Ralph

Re: Help Please With AP!

#2 Post by Ralph »

1. Does it come with a message that says that it has failed to push the instrument?

2. Did you configure a panel in Air Player with this instrument? Just like you would do for Air Manager, in the Home tab.

The Artful Dodger

#3 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hi, Ralph:
I have never seen any messages - in AM, when I push, I see a panel flash up, but it's too quick to read.
Regarding configuration, I presume you mean in AM; I select AP instead of AM, I select the instrument, push it, switch to the 'home' tab, and click on 'play'. If you mean in AP, I have never seen any menu or messages but I did see the image of the instrument when I placed the mouse cursor over the AP icon in the task bar the one time it worked.
Were you able to find a way to run the instrument with a transparent background? It's impossible to test with a non-transparent background.

Thanks for your help.

Sparky

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

You have to add a panel to Air Player in the Home tab, just as you would do for Air Manager. Add your HUD instrument to that panel, select the panel and click Show.

It is the exact same procedure as for Air Manager.

The Artful Dodger

#5 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello, Ralph:
That worked a treat - I needed it to be explained in just that way - so simple once you know how. In fact, here I am ready for takeoff at Liverpool Airport:
Ready For Take-off.png
I have two follow-on questions: 1. If I show the instrument in AP, stop it, go into the editor and change something and save it to the same file, do I need to delete the file from AP and re-add it or does it 'follow-along' and know about the change? 2. One thing I find very confusing and I haven't been able to solve: The compass does not work at all when I play it in AP (you can see that it thinks it is facing North but the plane isn't) yet in AM, when I turn it on, it (the compass) was working perfectly over wi-fi. Any ideas?

Again, thanks so much. Now I have some colours to change and try to figure out problem 2 above.

Sparky

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

If you make changes then you have to push it again, like you did before.

Is any of the numbers working? In other words, is Air Player connected to the flight simulator?

The Artful Dodger

#7 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Yes, it's connected because the Altimeter, AirSpeed, and Vertical Speed tapes all worked properly, but the Compass stayed frozen at 0. Yet, when I ran the instrument in AM (from the Edit/Create tab, all 4 of the instruments were following the airplane, by wi-fi. It was quite extraordinary. I checked to ensure that I used the same subscriptions as the two compass instruments from the library. Honestly, I haven't got a clue!

Sparky

The Artful Dodger

#8 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hi, Ralph:
I ran a short 'flight' this afternoon - actually, all I did was swing the 152 around, but the turn shows up very vividly in AM because the compass reflects the turn, and in the other video, taken from the sim of the exact same instrument, at the same time, from the cockpit, but in AP, the compass stays stuck at o degrees. I hope this might help to determine the problem - it seems to be in AP because it works just fine in AM.

Because I wasn't 'allowed' to attach a video, I was forced to use 7-zip to create a container.

Sparky
VideoTrimmer_Liverpool - From Laptop - AM.7z
(877.21 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
VideoTrimmer_Liverpool - InPlane - AP.7z
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 29 times

jph

#9 Post by jph »

The Artful Dodger wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:37 pm Honestly, I haven't got a clue!
Sparky
Is this only on your own instrument ?
What about an instrument from the store that uses the compass and the same calls ? I believe you mentioned one - what happens with that ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

The Artful Dodger

#10 Post by The Artful Dodger »

That's the subscription my instrument uses. And, if you watch the two videos I posted, you will see the one running in AM working fine while the one running in AP is stuck at 0 degrees. I hope someone can fix it 'cause I don't think this one is on my instrument!

Regarding the other two instruments probably work but that doesn't help me!

Sparky