Premium Garmin G5 question MSFS

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

blokovchan

Premium Garmin G5 question MSFS

#1 Post by blokovchan »

Hello guys,
Before I buy a g5 panel, I have a question: Does it work ok with Milviz Cessna 310?
Thanks for answers.

Ralph

Re: Premium Garmin G5 question MSFS

#2 Post by Ralph »

Instruments are in general not compatible with one aircraft, they are generic. And we cannot really say anything about this, because we cannot test it with each and every flight model there is.
I would love to buy them all, but that leave me broke :)

blokovchan

#3 Post by blokovchan »

I was wondering if anyone already has this combination because I'm deciding to buy Cessna 310 or Cessna 414. I'll probably buy c310 because of Milviz wear and tear and complex failures simulation. G5 panel will be a nice addon to my panel monitor :)
I can't just buy it all and try it for the same reasons Ralph mentioned... :mrgreen:

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

It'll most probably work. But we can refund your purchase if it does not.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Yes it generally performs well with the C310. Remembering that SI do not claim the G5 is exactly like the real instrument so there will be differences from the real unit.

Crunchmeister

#6 Post by Crunchmeister »

It works fine with the C310. Been using it in my layout since the C310 launched as per the attached image. Note the only thing that doesn't seem to work in the G5 in MSFS is the RNAV glideslope indicator. RNAV works, you just won't see the magenta indicator on the G5. The green ILS indicator works fine though.

image.png
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

That's still something I have to implement I think, I remember that there was a way to see if it is in Rnav mode. I will see if I can find that topic...

blokovchan

#8 Post by blokovchan »

Thanks for answers, guys...
Btw @Crunchmeister : excellent setup. Are you using xbox gamepad for flying controls, or just for drone cam? Good idea for fixing it on yoke. How did you do it?

Crunchmeister

#9 Post by Crunchmeister »

@blokovchan - XBox controller is attached to my yoke using strips of adhesive velcro. I use extra buttons for stuff like opening ATC window, pause, and other random stuff. Before I got a TrackIR, I used to use the analog sticks for free look. Now I mostly use it for drone control.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

MatthewS2077

#10 Post by MatthewS2077 »

Ralph wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:17 pm That's still something I have to implement I think, I remember that there was a way to see if it is in Rnav mode. I will see if I can find that topic...
Hi, I just bought Air Manager and the Garmin G5. The GS doesn't seem to work for RNAV approaches (I've not tried ILS). Is this something you will add soon?