A non-sim related gauge in AM: Yes you can!

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

A non-sim related gauge in AM: Yes you can!

#1 Post by JackZ »

Hello All.

the beauty of Air Manager is that it sometimes allow you to create a quick and dirty app which is not related at all to simulation or Aviation

This morning I created a small "Cardiac coherence trainer" app, out of an idea I heard on the French public radio (yeah, every excuses are valid to dive into Lua & AM for a few hours...)
Just breathe (inspire/expire) by following the ball going up and down, according to the mode you want for up to three minutes
Ideally this should be done three times a day.
image.png
@Keith Baxter should be proud of me, for a challenge I used canvas draw for everything... :lol:

I will not submit this instrument to the store for obvious reasons but here it is if anyone fancy it.

Try it it's fun!
Obviously this doesn't require the launch of any simulator

Jacques
MISC - Cardiac Coherence Training JZ v102.siff
(127.6 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Last edited by JackZ on Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Keith Baxter

Re: A non-sim related gauge in AM: Yes you can!

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Cousin Jacques,

Moving over to the dark side. 8-)

I will check out your instrument later this evening.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks Jacques for sharing,
hope it could help me to calm down after reading "impolite" request on forums :lol:

Just customized the background color and will share it to my girlfriend's mother, who is nearly 90 years old

image.png

JackZ

#4 Post by JackZ »

Hi Gilles.
Glad it helped. Check the V1.02 above with sound ON/OFF and 3/5 minutes variable session duration buttons
image.png
Your girlfriend mother's has Air Manager on her PC? :D
She's a nerd!
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

For me it is great to see old friends returning and sharing opinions. Awesome.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#6 Post by SimPassion »

JackZ wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:00 pm Hi Gilles.
Glad it helped. Check the V1.02 above with sound ON/OFF and 3/5 minutes variable session duration buttons

Your girlfriend mother's has Air Manager on her PC? :D
She's a nerd!
Hope we get also the 1.02 ;-)
[EDIT] Just seen the update is in the initial post :oops:

Thanks in any case Jacques
and yes she's up to date on IT usage, with additional technical support I provide if required :-)
Last edited by SimPassion on Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimPassion

#7 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:20 pm Hi,

For me it is great to see old friends returning and sharing opinions. Awesome.

Keith
On my own, there was time I was fully outside flight simulation, however I was still putting an eye on the forums from time to time. I've watched and read with hunger, last amazing design and build made by all the community members

SimPassion

#8 Post by SimPassion »

JackZ wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:00 pm Your girlfriend mother's has Air Manager on her PC? :D
I would mention Air Manager is already on her Android tablet, which was mine previously (so I can't check any more, any instrument from Android device since)
I feel like it would be therefore useful to get such instrument in the Online Store in MISC area, as you've already done and additionally without personal checked, so we would be able to download on tablet devices and follow any future update ... (customizable color would be a plus)

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

It is in a sense a generic GUI builder :) A long time ago there was someone who monitored his plants, and I think that @Keith Baxter was controlling his fish tanks, right?

Keith Baxter

#10 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:19 pm It is in a sense a generic GUI builder :) A long time ago there was someone who monitored his plants, and I think that @Keith Baxter was controlling his fish tanks, right?
100% Ralph.

The basics of AM are so powerful. I Have done some crazy stuff with AM. It is just where the mind takes one. I am sure that more skilled peeps could do amassing (lots) things. Possibly even give Ferrari F! a better strategy platform. ;)

I do not have the aquarium monitor running these days as I have closed down the aquarium, but I just fired the code up for a image.

The code read probes and sensors and did auto water changes. Measured water parameters and controlled lighting, temperature, wave effect and storm and lightening effects. Also handled dosing pumps to feed the corals..
ice_screenshot_20220905-183237.png
Keith