Altimeter setting 1 and 2 hardware rotary encoder U/S

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AlyMac

Altimeter setting 1 and 2 hardware rotary encoder U/S

#1 Post by AlyMac »

Hi, It appears that there may be a bug in the Arduino Mega 2550 program.
Altimeters seem to be linked regardless of whether one selects Pilot or CoPilot side in X-Plane

jph

Re: Altimeter setting 1 and 2 hardware rotary encoder U/S

#2 Post by jph »

You need to explain in far far more detail and post the appropriate code.
Also your FULL hardware assignments and details.
What you have said so far is pretty meaningless.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

That wouldn't be in the Arduino, but in the Lua script. Aside from that I expect a bug in the aircraft, I'm pretty sure that the script is correct.

AlyMac

#4 Post by AlyMac »

where can I find the script to post here? I also just noticed that the the encoder only moves the needlw - not the millibar setting window

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

AlyMac

#6 Post by AlyMac »

Thanks for the input.

I watched the videos but I still have no idea where the script lies within the simulator or my computer. I bought AirManager in the belief that I wouldnt need to be a computer programmer to use it. This should really be pointed out on the website.

Anyway - as an Update - the altimeter works as it should in XP12 ie the needle and the kolsman window move as they should. Just X plane 11 doesnt work as it should with the needle moving kolsman card unmovable.

SimPassion

#7 Post by SimPassion »

Hi @AlyMac, the first important info for this issue is the aircraft you're using ?

AlyMac

#8 Post by AlyMac »

using the stock XP11 Baron so as not to confuse matters (although I predominantly fly the AWXDC-3 with my cockpit)

Those altimeters which work correctly
Beech 58
ATR
Robinson
Grob
B 727

all the others dont work ie - only the needle moves. Card does not so you cannot read in Mb or Inches of pressure.

SimPassion

#9 Post by SimPassion »

AlyMac wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:44 pm using the stock XP11 Baron so as not to confuse matters (although I predominantly fly the AWXDC-3 with my cockpit)

Those altimeters which work correctly
Beech 58
ATR
Robinson
Grob
B 727

all the others dont work ie - only the needle moves. Card does not so you cannot read in Mb or Inches of pressure.
Thanks, now which Air Manager instrument are you using ? Ready made Altimeter from the Online Store or own self made new design ?

AlyMac

#10 Post by AlyMac »

I am an engineer and an ex-commercial Captain so I tend to be very direct, there must be some confusion in the way that I write this -so I will try again.

Using the Air Manager Home Use 4.1.5 program and by clicking "add hw functions" - "Generic Altimeter dial" , with Windows 10 Pro version 22H2

The altimeters when operated with a rotary encoder (regardless of make, value or function) to adjust the barometric dial - also known as the "Kollsman window" - WHICH WORK CORRECTLY changing BOTH the barometric window setting and the needle value
- suppled by download from the website - https://www.siminnovations.com/ - when used with default aircraft, supplied by Laminar Research, in their Flight Simulation program called X-plane 11 are listed below -

Beech 58
ATR
Robinson
Grob
B 727

The altimeters which when operated with a rotary encoder(regardless of make, value or function) to adjust the barometric dial - also known as the "Kollsman window" which DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY - changes only the needle value and not barometric dial - also known as the "Kollsman window" -which are suppled by download from the website - https://www.siminnovations.com/ - when used with default aircraft, supplied by Laminar Research, in their Flight Simulation program called X-plane 11 are listed below.

Tupelov
P-38
Altimeter Barber Pole
Eurocopter EC 135
Eurocopter AS 350
Twin Otter
DHC Caribou
Cessna 150
Cessna 172
Beech 1900

Additionally, back to the original title for the post. "Pilot" setting and "Co-Pilot" setting doesnt seem to work. Change the left side and both seem to change

Hopefully that will clear this up