How to push a panel from Air Manager PC to Android?

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Moonhawk

How to push a panel from Air Manager PC to Android?

#1 Post by Moonhawk »

I was hoping someone could help with this, please :

I purchased Air Manager for Windows and then also purchased Air Manager for Android for 2 Android Tablets. Everything appears to work when using the small handful of panels that are listed on Android, but I have been unable to push a custom panel I've created in Air Manager on Windows, to the 2 Android Tablets. How is this done? I can't imagine that I would need to manually re-create every custom panel on all the devices I am using, I hope.

Do I need to copy the exported panels to a specific folder on the tablets for them to show up?

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Ralph

Re: How to push a panel from Air Manager PC to Android?

#2 Post by Ralph »

That's not possible, you can only push instruments and panels to Air Player.

Moonhawk

#3 Post by Moonhawk »

Ok. Well then I feel a little misled by the marketing descriptions of what your solution does. I purchased thinking I would easily be able to create panels that can then be used on various monitors or tablets.

To have to manually create them on these tiny Android tablets is a disappointment, especially since the Air Manager App on Android regularly freezes up. Also, it is virtually impossible to resize small instruments. The app really doesn't lend itself well to create panels, especially compared to the Windows version.

Also, this means that my purchase of Air Manager will leave me with software I will be unable to use, since all the panels have to be created on the individual tablets.

As I am typing this, I'm still trying to create a panel and trying to resize instruments, and it continuously crashes the app and in most cases even larger gauges sometimes don't scale.

After having spent $150 dollars for your apps, I feel a little confused and let down. Selecting one of the few pre-made panels works with FS2000, and works well, but not being able to import panels I've designed in AM Windows and not being able to reliably create panels in AM Android, leaves me scratching my head.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

That's also why the tablet version is cheaper, it is not as flexible as the desktop version.

But to my knowledge there's no description saying that you can send your self created panels to the tablets, or from Air Manager to Air Manager. I'm not really sure where you got that from?

Note that we can refund your purchase for the desktop. Android refunds go through Google.

If the application freezes then please let us know when and how, then we can try to replicate this. Preferably also the brand and type of the tablet, and the Android version.

Moonhawk

#5 Post by Moonhawk »

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the response.

I've looked and as you have said, it does not specifically say so. But, it seems to imply it. But I have to take the blame for not double and triple-checking myself. I do feel though that by not specifically indicating that it does NOT work as I think most would expect, is what disappoints me. Also, it's not as if I just jumped on the site and bought it out of the blue, I watched a bunch of youtube videos first and was very impressed with what everyone showed. I think considering what is possible with Windows AM and extra monitors, as well as AP, makes the lack of capabilities and options of the Android and iPad apps a very stark contrast.

I'm not interested in a refund, but I would be interested in seeing if the Android version can be made to work more reliably, as it freezes often. Where would you like me to submit the feedback you asked for (i.e. android version and other details)? Do I just post it here or you have ticketing system for it?

I'm going to try and see if I can build something using my Surface Book in tablet mode, but it won't be ideal since I also work with it, hence the 2 Android tablets that I was trying to use.

Cheers.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Out of interest, are you wanting the tablets mainly due to size ? - if so there are other options that do a better job.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

I understand, but it is also a sliding scale if we start naming all the things that aren't possible. In general you name the things that the software can do.

It would have to be a Air Player application if Air Manager can send instruments and panels. There is a very old alpha version, we have worked on it. The problem is partly the licensing. But it also takes quite a lot of time to develop it into a release version. Then we have to consider: is it worth it? Right now there are a lot of other things that have our priority.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

I forgot to say that you can indeed submit a ticket.
https://siminnovations.com/newsupport/support-ticket

Crunchmeister

#9 Post by Crunchmeister »

@Moonhawk - If you're looking to display Air Manager panels on your Android tablets, look into SpaceDesk. It's a free app that turns your tablets and other touch devices (including iPad, phones, Windows laptops with touch screens) into remote, wireless touch monitors for your main PC. You run a small server app on your main PC, and client apps on your wireless devices. They then essentially become touch monitors for your main PC. You can then use your normal desktop Air Manager and display panels on your tablets.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Moonhawk

#10 Post by Moonhawk »

jph wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:50 am Out of interest, are you wanting the tablets mainly due to size ? - if so there are other options that do a better job.
Joe
Heya Joe,

I already have a cockpit that I use for Star Citizen, which uses the 2 Android Tablets as Panels, so the reason why I wanted to use it with AM and FS is because I could reuse those panels rather than having to buy new Touchscreen Panels. I'm assuming the other options you are referring to are related to using secondary touchscreen panels that are driven by the PC running the flight sim. If there are other options, I'd love to hear them too.

Being able to reuse my existing cockpit investment would be nice. I may have to get additional touch panels to be able to run G1000 panels of the main PC (I'm assuming), but I'm concerned about the loss in GPU performance from having to drive 2 additional screens.

Cheers!