KnobXP script clarification needed

Support for KnobXP, share your experience and KnobXP modes.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Kaellis991

Re: KnobXP script clarification needed

#11 Post by Kaellis991 »

SimPassion wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:54 pm At least no major issue in Log.txt
only a fail on STMA and a warning on scenery file
nothing significant
Thanks for looking into that.
No telling what is keeping the settings window from opening or why the USB reset is required but neither are a big issue.

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

The Enable VR button shouldn't be enabled, button background color should be displayed in grey and not green, unless we are in VR in the sim and at least some Modes settings should be selected

image.png

Kaellis991

#13 Post by Kaellis991 »

SimPassion wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:21 pm  
The Enable VR button shouldn't be enabled (button background color should be displayed in grey and not green, unless we are in VR in the sim) and at least some Modes settings should be selected

image.png
That settings window does not open for me. Even with the default Cessna 172SP

Kaellis991

#14 Post by Kaellis991 »

This is my config.json file...
Nothing out of the normal here correct?
image.png
image.png (7.94 KiB) Viewed 3237 times

SimPassion

#15 Post by SimPassion »

Kaellis991 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:26 pm
The Enable VR button shouldn't be enabled (button background color should be displayed in grey and not green, unless we are in VR in the sim) and at least some Modes settings should be selected

image.png
Have you tried to open the KnobXP Settings, as shown in the screenshot below ?
And also after this, try "Recover window position"

image.png

Kaellis991

#16 Post by Kaellis991 »

SimPassion wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:23 pm
Kaellis991 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:26 pm

image.png
Have you tried to open the KnobXP Settings, as shown in the screenshot below ?

image.png
Yes…multiple times with a few different aircraft. Just something strange with my system. Nothing for me to lose sleep over.

SimPassion

#17 Post by SimPassion »

Kaellis991 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:34 pm
SimPassion wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:23 pm Have you tried to open the KnobXP Settings, as shown in the screenshot below ?
Yes…multiple times with a few different aircraft. Just something strange with my system. Nothing for me to lose sleep over.

Could you please, post a screenshot of how it appears in your X-Plane [Plugins] menu with the mouse cursor pointing on KnobXP/Settings ?

Kaellis991 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:36 pm This is my config.json file...

It looks like the y parameter is a bit high in value, this is why I asked to : try "Recover window position"

SimPassion

#18 Post by SimPassion »

Are you on Vulkan or OpenGL ?
Have you checked without Air Manager running ? I guess the Knobster wouldn't be seen if it's already active within an Air manager panel ...
Have you installed the latest KnobXP 1.2 ?
Try to overwrite the existing again with this last v1.2 in any case

The config files to be edited on own need and related to specific aircraft are located here : "X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\KnobXP\aircraft"
If one doesn't exist, make a copy of an existing, rename it accordingly to the aircraft and edit it

It could be the JSON config file isn't present in this folder yet ...

Kaellis991

#19 Post by Kaellis991 »

SimPassion wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:53 pm
Kaellis991 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:34 pm
SimPassion wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:23 pm Have you tried to open the KnobXP Settings, as shown in the screenshot below ?

Could you please, post a screenshot of how it appears in your X-Plane [Plugins] menu with the mouse cursor pointing on KnobXP/Settings ?

Kaellis991 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:36 pm This is my config.json file...

It looks like the y parameter is a bit high in value, this is why I asked to : try "Recover window position"

After "recover window position" it moves the KnobXP window to the far right side and middle of my starboard (3rd) monitor. Usually I have been moving that window back to my center screen and the upper left. I assume that is why the Y parameter was showing that number.

I am not sure how to do a screenshot that shows the open menu and with the mouse cursor. Xplanes Shift+Space command for taking screenshots makes the Plugin menu vanish.
With windows Snippet, this is the best I can get and it will not show the mouse since the mouse is busy windowing the snippet view..
Are there any other ways to do screenshots?

image.png
image.png
image.png

SimPassion

#20 Post by SimPassion »

PrtScrn key is used to do a screenshot including the highlighted text (not the mouse cursor, which is only there to point on the proper item)
However it looks like your gone now, you get the KnobXP window and can now start using it, just ensure Air Manager is not running at the same time.
  • Outer knob : change the value for the current active mode
  • Long Press on the center button of the Knobster : activate the browsing of the available modes, turning the mode in green, then use either outer or inner knob. Quick press return to value change, turning back to blue
  • Quick press when in value change : perform additional action in the sim like STBY to ACTIVE transfer/flip