AM not properly interactive after 2 months working fine MSFS 2020

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

tbj

AM not properly interactive after 2 months working fine MSFS 2020

#1 Post by tbj »

Hi Everyone,
I've had my AM and diy knobster working fine with 2 touchscreens for about two months now and yesterday not. I set it up, pop out the G1000 screens and they mimic the info on the screens in the Cessna Skyhawk but although touch is working and the knobs turn yellow no adjustments can be made at all. Also Sim EFB has also stopped publishing to MSFS 2020.
I had to recently stop and restart Gaming Services in Task Manager and I've also used a Turtle Beach Flight Velocity One, my usual device is Thrustmaster Hotas 1.
I'm using Windows 11 so any settings ideas pleasegive me as much details as possible please.
Thanks you.

tbj

Re: AM not properly interactive after 2 months working fine MSFS 2020

#3 Post by tbj »

Sorry Guys,
I've tried all that except manual connection because the link to the user manual doesn't say much more than where the link actually is.
Regarding the wiki list;
This is from Windows Defender
sim inovations sim bus x 2 ticked for private
" SimDiscover ticked private
Same for Sim Innovations Sim Discover
then;
I am on an ethernet connection and MSFS 2020 Air Manager and Sim EFB are on the same drive
and this is from the plugin;
24-08-2022 16:31:35 INFO Main: Starting plugin (3.8.0 )...
24-08-2022 16:31:35 INFO Main: Done initializing!
24-08-2022 16:31:35 INFO Main: Serving forever...
I won't copy the log here but everything in it said it was connected, autopilot, everything it seemed to me, no error messages or anything that didn't say Binding successful.

I think that AM is finding FS 2020 o.k. because as soon as I hit the 'Ready to fly button the two bezels show up and as I said all of the changes done by mouse on the actual C172s G1000's are reflected on the popout screens in the bezels.

Let me know if there is anything else you need and how to find it please.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

The plugin is working fine. So there's a network issue.
I'm not sure what you mean by a link. The wiki tells you what to fill in for a manual connection.

tbj

#5 Post by tbj »

Hi,
By 'link', I meant that somewhere on the wiki User manual version 4, I found a link to 'Manual connection which told me I would have to fill in the localip address but I didn't know where to find that. I just searched the forum and found a post that told me, did that and I'm back up and running. My question now is, will I have todothat every time or just change back to automatically find MSFS?

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

From the wiki:
To confirm this, you will have to configure the connection manually by selecting the IP address and the simulator of your choice. If Air Manager or Air Player runs on the same computer as the flight simulator, then the IP address is 127.0.0.1
Not sure what you were exactly looking for?
You will have to set IP address just once.

jph

#7 Post by jph »

tbj wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:17 pm Hi,
By 'link', I meant that somewhere on the wiki User manual version 4, I found a link to 'Manual connection which told me I would have to fill in the localip address but I didn't know where to find that. I just searched the forum and found a post that told me, did that and I'm back up and running. My question now is, will I have todothat every time or just change back to automatically find MSFS?
Hi.
As both AM and the game are on the same machine the loopback address (home / local ip) 127.0.0.1 can stay in the box and leave it on manual. There is no need to change it and you will not have to touch it again. Happy flying
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

tbj

#8 Post by tbj »

Thank you Folks.