Flight Illusion’s Bendix Transponder - wacky

Everything about Flight Illusion hardware in combination with Air Manager or Gstep.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Flight Illusion’s Bendix Transponder - wacky

#11 Post by Ralph »

Not really sure which page you mean. Did you read our wiki?
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... t_Illusion
Our wiki is the place for user manuals. Follow it step by step, that's all there is to it.

Kaellis991

#12 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:10 pm Not really sure which page you mean. Did you read our wiki?
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... t_Illusion
Our wiki is the place for user manuals. Follow it step by step, that's all there is to it.
Yes, that’s the page I was referring to. Not much there.

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph »

Not much, but enough. If you follow each step carefully then you're done. It is a very simple process, so it doesn't need much description.

Kaellis991

#14 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:26 pm Not much, but enough. If you follow each step carefully then you're done. It is a very simple process, so it doesn't need much description.
That’s what I tell all of our interns about how to detail buildings. After 30 years it’s simple for me. For those newbies it takes many hours of instruction and trial and error before they understand the subtleties and concepts of the process.

I may try it. At least I will have the G-step configuration file that I can reload if I have to go back to it.

So you are saying that I just have to connect air manager to the controller board, (I/O, or Interface or Engine cluster).
AM will see the instruments, create the hardware function, and I am done?

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

Yes, that's all there is to it, it is almost plug and play.

Kaellis991

#16 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:51 pm Yes, that's all there is to it, it is almost plug and play.
“Almost”

Ralph

#17 Post by Ralph »

Well yes :) You only have to assign the right gauge script to the right hardware. But that's just a few clicks. It's certainly easier than the old Gstep.

Kaellis991

#18 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:57 pm Well yes :) You only have to assign the right gauge script to the right hardware. But that's just a few clicks. It's certainly easier than the old Gstep.
A few clicks probably if I didn’t have custom gauges for which there are no pre-made scripts.
I have a feeling that my manifold pressure +fuel flow, dual needle gauge will require a script that doesn’t exist.

Kaellis991

#19 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:48 pm In first instance you have to contact Flight Illusion, they have the hardware, we cannot test it.
Matthijs sorted it out for me. It was a G-step issue and not the hardware.

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

If you need custom gauge scripts then it gets a little difficult if you don't know anything about scripting. Still doable with some effort I think.