Flight Illusion’s Bendix Transponder - wacky

Everything about Flight Illusion hardware in combination with Air Manager or Gstep.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Kaellis991

Flight Illusion’s Bendix Transponder - wacky

#1 Post by Kaellis991 »

Is there anyone that has a solid understanding of Flight Illusion hardware and specifically the Bendix transponder along with the G-step program?
Or do I have to contact support at Flight Illusion?

Kirk

Ralph

Re: Flight Illusion’s Bendix Transponder - wacky

#2 Post by Ralph »

In first instance you have to contact Flight Illusion, they have the hardware, we cannot test it.

Kaellis991

#3 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:48 pm In first instance you have to contact Flight Illusion, they have the hardware, we cannot test it.
10-4

Kaellis991

#4 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:48 pm In first instance you have to contact Flight Illusion, they have the hardware, we cannot test it.
I have two other gauges that are running as they should with G-step and the FI controller board.
The transponder is giving me fits. It could be the hardware, it could be the G-step program.

Can I just uninstall the transponder from the G-step configuration and then use air manager with it to see if the G-step app is the problem?
If that is possible does the transponder stay connected to the flight illusion controller board?

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Ah, I was a little confused, because their new application made by us is also named Gstep. I probably have to ask for the version number next time :)

It's all or nothing for both, so you will have to choose.

Kaellis991

#6 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:09 am Ah, I was a little confused, because their new application made by us is also named Gstep. I probably have to ask for the version number next time :)

It's all or nothing for both, so you will have to choose.
I assumed as much.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

You can add all of them to Air Manager. You can always go back to the old Gstep if you're not satisfied.

Kaellis991

#8 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:25 am You can add all of them to Air Manager. You can always go back to the old Gstep if you're not satisfied.
I spent a lot of hours calibrating my fuel flow, MP and RPM gauges. That’s an exercise I really don’t want to repeat.

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

Air Manager does not even offer the option to calibrate. So no worries there.

Kaellis991

#10 Post by Kaellis991 »

Ralph wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:07 pm Air Manager does not even offer the option to calibrate. So no worries there.
I’m still trying to find info on how AM works with the FI gauges. The one half page of supposed instructions on Siminnovations website is just a rough overview with no specifics.