Air Player Instrument Display Problem

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

The Artful Dodger

Re: Air Player Instrument Display Problem

#11 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hi, Ralph:
Here's what the wiki says:
If you want to run instruments in Air Player that are not part of the Sim Innovations library, then these have to be pushed from the Create/Edit tab.
You seemed to have an alternate way to do it. I still am not sure exactly what you meant by "uploading" the instrument - do you mean "clone"?

Sparky

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

Did you check out the wiki link that I posted a while back?

The Artful Dodger

#13 Post by The Artful Dodger »

I am sorry but I can see nothing about "uploading" anything. The only thing that is mentioned is what I quoted earlier. By uploading do you mean "Clone to" because if that's what you meant, then, yes, I did that. But I'm hung up on the passage I quoted which stated that the only instruments that could be run from the home tab were instruments in the Sim Innovations library, which mine is not.

Sparky

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

Screenshot_20220821-173006~2.png

The Artful Dodger

#15 Post by The Artful Dodger »

That's exactly what I have been doing, but, if I push it from the Create/Edit tab, it's on a white background; this isn't much help for me because my instrument is transparent. In an earlier conversation, you said:
Ralph wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:49 pm You don't have to start it from the Create Edit tab. Just upload it, add it to a panel and start the panel.
So, I thought you meant, if I didn't have to use the Create/Edit tab, I must have to use the Home tab and that doesn't work. We may be saying the same thing!

Sparky

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

No that's pressing play and running it in debug. Please read the instructions carefully.

The Artful Dodger

#17 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Ralph I am so sorry to keep troubling you with this but here's the complete paragraph:
Pushing custom instruments to Air Player
If you want to run instruments in Air Player that are not part of the Sim Innovations library, then these have to be pushed from the Create/Edit tab. Go to the Create/Edit tab, select your Air Player, then select your custom instrument(s) and press Push. To multi select instruments, press SHIFT or CTRL while selecting your instruments.
I know that's exactly what you included in your message, but the part in red above says you can't do anything but push the instrument from the Create/Edit tab which generates a white background. But, I'm hopeful that there's a way around that statement? If there is and I'm not understanding what you are saying to me, this must confirm that I am terribly thick. Please, explain it in different terms so I can stop bothering you!

Sparky

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

Maybe this explains it.
Push_instrument_Air_Player_desktop_V4~2.png

The Artful Dodger

#19 Post by The Artful Dodger »

I see the problem: The push button (pardon the pun) is greyed out and there's nothing I can do to make it active. What am I missing? the only way I can get the instrument to AP is by cloning and that yields a white background.
AM.jpg
Sparky

jph

#20 Post by jph »

Sheesh

(Ralph - I LOVED your script text - I have not stopped laughing yet) :lol: :lol:

see below ... fm ;)
AM.jpg
Joe. CISSP, MSc.