Reverse Viewport

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

The Artful Dodger

Reverse Viewport

#1 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello:

I would like to see a sort of 'reverse viewport', where the system will blank (invisibly) the area included in the viewport. So, for example, if I have numbers running vertically, I can 'surgically' remove a portion so that I can out something else in its place. I don't know how hard that would be, but it would be of immense assistance to me. I haven't found a way to do that with the tools I have.

I have just thought of an appropriate name: cutout.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sparky

Ralph

Re: Reverse Viewport

#2 Post by Ralph »

If you use running text then you can just 'remove' certain items with your script.

The Artful Dodger

#3 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hi, Ralph:

I guess I don't understand your answer. I'm talking about, for example, say the number 245. I need to have this number disappear first from its bottom, a pixel layer at a time. Picture the 245 slowly sinking behind a horizontal plate; soon thereafter it transverses behind the plate, it reappears, again pixel layer by pixel layer, as it falls from behind the plate.

I am not aware of how to make portions of text disappear from the bottom and reappear from the top.

If you know of a way, please describe in a bit more detail.

Thanks for replying.

Sparky

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Ah no that won't work work running text as I mentioned. I think that the easiest solution for this is a move on the viewport. But maybe you can show some images of what you're trying to achieve, so we get a better understanding of the problem.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

From what I can gather you can just move the text by whatever amount and at whatever interval you choose.

The Artful Dodger

#6 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hi, Ralph:
I decided the best way to explain my problem was with a short video of the problem. Watch the numbers above the red box. As they move downwards, as they approach the red box, they will suddenly disappear. Then, once they have progressed further down, they will all of a sudden re-appear.
Instead of simply popping up, they should just gradually disappear as they 'move behind the red box' and gradually reappear as they come 'from behind the red box'. I can think of no way of doing this without disturbing the transparency of the red box. I positioned the instrument over other items to demonstrate the transparency of the whole instrument.
The only solution, as I see it, is a function that will surgically remove everything below it in its box, thus the idea of a "cutout".

What do you think? Again, thanks tremendously for your help!

Sparky

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

I don’t see a video or a link.

The Artful Dodger

#8 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello, Sling:

I tried to attach one but the system said something was wrong with it. Do you know what the mp4 characteristics that the system will allow?

Thanks for alerting me!!

Sparky

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

The Artful Dodger wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:09 pm Hello, Sling:

I tried to attach one but the system said something was wrong with it. Do you know what the mp4 characteristics that the system will allow?

Thanks for alerting me!!

Sparky
Sparky,

Best is to use youtube.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#10 Post by jph »

Or just put a link to your google drive with an open share
Joe. CISSP, MSc.