Premium C172SP panel EGT gauge MSFS

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

blokovchan

Re: Premium C172SP panel EGT gauge MSFS

#21 Post by blokovchan »

Aha, so Air Manager automagically downloads new versions of instruments, when they are available. So one day when I'll start a flight, CDI will work correctly.

Probably, similar logic applies, that there is a probability greater than zero than at the end of August, some instruments will stop working correctly. :D :mrgreen: :D
Sim update 10 will be deployed at the end of August, and MS/Asobo will break something. :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Ralph

#22 Post by Ralph »

Yesterday I've uploaded a new version of the HSI, so in theory it should work. You might have to wait with starting the panel for a few seconds.
It might indeed be that they break some stuff, but hopefully they will also fix something :)

SimPassion

#23 Post by SimPassion »

It has been stated that the fix for GPS/NAV switching, will come with SU10 (already in SU10 Beta), so it's only about a few days to wait ...

Additionally ...

Release Note #120 :
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/12 ... rce/531061

Which as been confirmed :
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/re ... tes/507903

jph

#24 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:20 am Yesterday I've uploaded a new version of the HSI, so in theory it should work. You might have to wait with starting the panel for a few seconds.
It might indeed be that they break some stuff, but hopefully they will also fix something :)
I don't think their 'fix to break' ratio is anything to write home about ... :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

blokovchan

#25 Post by blokovchan »

I don't think their 'fix to break' ratio is anything to write home about ...
:mrgreen:

Anyway, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Sim is out only two years. Other sims had a lot more time to polish their product...

Sling

#26 Post by Sling »

SimPassion wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:39 pm
blokovchan wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:58 am I read once more, a post from SimmPassion. I'm not sure if we understood each other. I want to instrument to display info from GPS, not info from ILS. See screenshot, that nav source is GPS.

Surprisingly, the point is missed, which is : the ACTIVE NAV 1 frequency is 110.50, so the RW30 LJB ILS frequency ...
Perhaps is there something strange I don't understand image.png
Gilles,

Let me try to explain. The combined GPS/NAV/COM units such as the 430/530/650/750 have a built in means for switching what source drives the cdi/hsi. They can be installed and setup in a few different ways that depends generally on what other equipment you want to install it with. In the sim and in particular the classic c172 it has 2 cdi’s so each GNS should be able to select what it’s corresponding CDI shows gps or nav(VLOC). Currently they are coupled together which is the sim bug you linked above. However it is still currently possible to have the cdi toggle between showing either GPS flight plan deviation or the deviation from a VOR or LOC/GS. If that bug is indeed fixed in SU10 then this should improve it further so each GNS/CDI combo is independent. MSFS would still lack the data for a truly independent 2nd GPS though.

A bit of a waffle but I hope it makes some sense.

SimPassion

#27 Post by SimPassion »

Sling wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:04 am Gilles,

Let me try to explain. The combined GPS/NAV/COM units such as the 430/530/650/750 have a built in means for switching what source drives the cdi/hsi. They can be installed and setup in a few different ways that depends generally on what other equipment you want to install it with. In the sim and in particular the classic c172 it has 2 cdi’s so each GNS should be able to select what it’s corresponding CDI shows gps or nav(VLOC). Currently they are coupled together which is the sim bug you linked above. However it is still currently possible to have the cdi toggle between showing either GPS flight plan deviation or the deviation from a VOR or LOC/GS. If that bug is indeed fixed in SU10 then this should improve it further so each GNS/CDI combo is independent. MSFS would still lack the data for a truly independent 2nd GPS though.

A bit of a waffle but I hope it makes some sense.
Thanks for the clarification Tony,
Shouldn't the OBS Mode provide this feature in the GNS530/430 ? In X-Plane at least we have to maintain an HDG at first then switch to OBS when reaching near the selected waypoint where we select the bearing, though indeed, not totally matching the real GPS, it has proven to work ... ?

Gilles
Last edited by SimPassion on Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sling

#28 Post by Sling »

OBS mode is just a helpful feature to allow you to dial in a course to a waypoint. It’s useful for lining up with runway headings if not following an approach procedure. If you are flying an ILS approach procedure these units can auto switch from GPS to VLOC at the appropriate time so the cdi always shows you any course deviation all the way down to the runway. It works in a similar way with the G1000 but of course it’s all integrated in the one system.

SimPassion

#29 Post by SimPassion »

If I understand well,

With MSFS in NAV mode it's correct

C172_NAV_VOR_03.jpg

in GPS Mode, the two highlighted symbols should be hidden (or switched OFF)

C172_NAV_VOR_04.jpg

SimPassion

#30 Post by SimPassion »