Premium C172SP panel EGT gauge MSFS

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

blokovchan

Premium C172SP panel EGT gauge MSFS

#1 Post by blokovchan »

Hello,
Is this the right place to report bugs or ask for support for the premium panel? Today I bought a premium C172SP panel and in MSFS EGT gauge isn't working, as if it is not connected to the sim. Fuel flow indicator, which is in the same gauge is working
Also slip indicator (ball) in the attitude indicator is not working, it just swings left and right with high frequency, so I had to change the attitude indicator with a free gauge.
Everything else seems to work ok.

jph

Re: Premium C172SP panel EGT gauge MSFS

#2 Post by jph »

which aircraft are you using it with ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

blokovchan

#3 Post by blokovchan »

Default C172 steam gauge version. And one more update: when NAV source is switch to GPS, course indicator still shows input from NAV radio. In my case it is some ILS radio near my flightpath.

Zajeta slika.JPG

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Please see our frequently asked questions:
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... rect_value

The swinging of the ball is a bug in FS2020 and has been in there since the beginning. It disappears when you take off. You'll have to contact Asobo / Microsoft for that. Good luck ;)

blokovchan

#5 Post by blokovchan »

Ok, I understand, that I have to play with the code to EGT gauge starts displaying temperature, is that correct?
What should I do with max egt temperature marker, it is rotating in a panel, but that rotation is not transferred to sim.
And what can I do with a second issue: NAV1 in panel is still ''connectet'' to nav1 radio, when source of nav1 is set to GPS?

Thanks for answers.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

I'm not sure what you mean with that NAV1 issue, please explain further.

Yes you have to adjust the temperature until it lines up. The EGT reference needle does indeed not manipulate the simulator, but why would that be important?

blokovchan

#7 Post by blokovchan »

Please see the screenshot about discrepancy of cdi in nav1 beetween sim and panel. As I described in respective post with screenshot. When I switch nav source from nav1 radio to gps, cdi in panel behaves, like it is still connected to radio, not gps...

blokovchan

#8 Post by blokovchan »

Any update on NAV1 cdi not displaying course deviation when following gps route and source for nav1 is set to gps?

SimPassion

#9 Post by SimPassion »

blokovchan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:23 pm Default C172 steam gauge version. And one more update: when NAV source is switch to GPS, course indicator still shows input from NAV radio. In my case it is some ILS radio near my flightpath.
blokovchan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:36 pm Please see the screenshot about discrepancy of cdi in nav1 beetween sim and panel. As I described in respective post with screenshot. When I switch nav source from nav1 radio to gps, cdi in panel behaves, like it is still connected to radio, not gps...
blokovchan wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:42 am Any update on NAV1 cdi not displaying course deviation when following gps route and source for nav1 is set to gps?
117.20 is the LBL VOR frequency 40 nm range
110.50 is the RW30 LJB ILS frequency 27 nm range
https://skyvector.com/airport/LJLJ/Ljub ... ik-Airport

C172_NAV_VOR_02.jpg

From your screenshot :
being currently in flight near DOL VORDME, at reported DIS=14.7 nm from LJB ILS, having switched from GPS to NAV
choosing the proper "Cessna 172 - VOR NAV1/ILS" in Air Manager, we can see, in similar situation below, the display on instrument is correct while on NAV, due to still being in the range of the ILS

C172_NAV_VOR_01.jpg

blokovchan

#10 Post by blokovchan »

Aha, so if I understood correctly, the instrument in air manager, if it is in the range of ILS or vor radio, still displays info from that particular radio, despite the nav source being set to GPS? I'll try this afternoon when I'll be at my sim computer, to change the frequency of NAV1, so it won't see any signal, and then I will report if GPS course deviation or path is displayed on NAV1