Community Panels not available in Air Manager

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

caymo04

Community Panels not available in Air Manager

#1 Post by caymo04 »

Good night,

How can I open coomunity panel in Air Manager?
How can i download a panel from comunity panel?? (https://siminnovations.com/community-panels)

Best regards,

Acaymo

Ralph

Re: Community Panels not available in Air Manager

#2 Post by Ralph »

Just add them in Air Manager? I'm not really sure what you mean...

jph

#3 Post by jph »

Actually Ralph it can be a real head scratcher if you are using a laptop with 1366 x 768 resolution as clicking 'panel' or 'instrument' opens a window that is too tall for the laptop display so the top and especially bottom (where the 'add' is) is missing in action. I am not sure if that is the OPs problem ?. I have worked around this for ages with alt space and the arrow keys to move the window, you can also double click on the actual item to DL - and then double click any option as well, but it is far less intuitive when you can't see the top and bottom of the window. Even closing the window I have to use F4. :D Luckily I am used to using non mouse commands from too many years ago.
Pressing panel or instrument on an HD (1366 x 768 laptop opens this - as you can see the top of the window and the bottom with 'add' is completely missing due to the vertical window size.
AM Window.jpg
resizing the window before shutting down does not change the size when it re-opens.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

That's indeed still an issue. Luckily it fits on most screens, so the issue hardly comes up.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

hey ! my machine is 'most screens' in the laptop department :lol: :lol:

This is a very trusty old laptop that has served me well for nearly 10 years and will probably do another 5 at least as it has just had an I7 fitted from the I3 (it's a socket G2), had an ssd a few years back and 16 GB of ram. It has to have new USB sockets and headphone jack and power jack when I can get around to it.. Still does everything I need it to do. It is like the 100 year old broom that is still totally original...................................... only had 5 handles and 6 brush heads.... :D
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

caymo04

#6 Post by caymo04 »

Ralph wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:11 am Just add them in Air Manager? I'm not really sure what you mean...
Hi Ralph!

I cann't select a community instruments in Air Manager.

How can I update the instrument available in Air Manager?
image.png
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... ng_a_Panel
The 'Free community panels' and 'Paid premium panels' doesn't available in Air Manager Profesional.

How can I do to available it?

Best regards,

Acaymo
Last edited by caymo04 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caymo04

#7 Post by caymo04 »

jph wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:03 am Actually Ralph it can be a real head scratcher if you are using a laptop with 1366 x 768 resolution as clicking 'panel' or 'instrument' opens a window that is too tall for the laptop display so the top and especially bottom (where the 'add' is) is missing in action. I am not sure if that is the OPs problem ?. I have worked around this for ages with alt space and the arrow keys to move the window, you can also double click on the actual item to DL - and then double click any option as well, but it is far less intuitive when you can't see the top and bottom of the window. Even closing the window I have to use F4. :D Luckily I am used to using non mouse commands from too many years ago.
Pressing panel or instrument on an HD (1366 x 768 laptop opens this - as you can see the top of the window and the bottom with 'add' is completely missing due to the vertical window size.
AM Window.jpg

resizing the window before shutting down does not change the size when it re-opens.
Joe
Hi JPH,

My issues is other. I cann't see the community instruments in list :(

Best regards,

Acaymo.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Ah you're talking about professional. Not all community instruments are available in the professional version due to author rights.

caymo04

#9 Post by caymo04 »

Ok Ralph,

In this case, please, update website because not all items are available to profesional version. Not correct information or incomplete.

Best regards!

Acaymo

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

The link to the instrument overview for professional is in the price list that I've sent you.
https://siminnovations.com/professional-instruments

So the website is perfectly fine :)
But we can always refund your purchase if required. Note that this withdraws the license as well.