Starting Air Manager with Specific Aircraft Panels

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Daviator

Starting Air Manager with Specific Aircraft Panels

#1 Post by Daviator »

G'day Again. I'm building a training simulator that will need to run 3 different panel setups in Air Manager and X-Plane 11. The trick is to make it easyt for a flight instructor to hop in and fire up the sim with as few clicks as possible.

I have created batch files that allow me to start X-Plane 11 to the configuration I want, and Air Manager will start in the correct order to the default panel.

I need to be able to start Air Manager directly to a specific aircraft pane. I was unable to find any guidance in the wiki for this.

I greatly appreciate any assistance.

Cheers
D

Daviator

Re: Starting Air Manager with Specific Aircraft Panels

#2 Post by Daviator »

All sorted. For those interested, I used the capabililities built in to Air Manager 4. Within the configuration for the panels in question, I was able to designate a start type for each one. I tested with X-Plane 11 and founf that it worked very well, starting from the AM configuration screen, then launching the correct panels when a particular aircraft (matched within AM to a particular panel) was launched in XP. Worked flawlessly.

jph

#3 Post by jph »

Well done Dave,
I am sure a sample of a working script in it's most basic form would be useful for others when they search and see the results.
Thanks
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Daviator

#4 Post by Daviator »

G'day Joe,

Great idea. Once I get this thing finished up and tested, I'll do that.

Cheers
Dave