A Very Simple Request

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

The Artful Dodger

A Very Simple Request

#1 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello:

I love programming with Air Manager and I'm up to my neck in it right now. But I do have a suggestion for a very simple (it would seem) addition.

When the Console is right-clicked, three options pop up: "Copy to Clipboard", "Clear All", and "Scroll down on new message". I would like to request a fourth option: "Copy All to Clipboard"; this would copy every line in the console to the clipboard. This would help my debugging technique tremendously (right now I copy each line to an editor): I use frequent 'print' statements which ID the line of code which initiated the print statement and any pertinent data. That way I can follow along and ID exactly where everything went south. Or, if I don't understand how someone else's code works (my situation right now), I can trace the execution and learn.

Of course, a much more complex solution which you might consider would be a complete trace to the clipboard but I think that would be a bit more complex! But, if you're bored one afternoon... :D

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Sparky

jph

Re: A Very Simple Request

#2 Post by jph »

Good thinking, yes, I second that.
It would also be nice to have a popout window for console :D
Joe. CISSP, MSc.