Need Help with Tapes

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

The Artful Dodger

Need Help with Tapes

#1 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello, all:
I have been spending some time with the code for several instruments which implement tapes, in my case, speed tapes, and, while I am very familiar with coding in other languages, the LUA sequence of execution in these pieces of code has me befuddled! LUA seems to execute functions which I cannot determine how or where they are called!
I have looked but cannot find any videos or text instructions on exactly how to go about creating a tape, be it speed, altitude, or any other similar construction. If there is such a tutorial, I would greatly appreciate a link to any information related to this topic. :>D

Thanks, in advance,

Sparky

Keith Baxter

Re: Need Help with Tapes

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi.

It can be done. I have done it more by fluke than coding science.
Let me be clear that i am talking to using canvass and not images. In other words not using the moving carrot feature. Or the simple running image feature.

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... move_carot
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... mg_add_ver

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

Tapes / running image/ running text are quite challenging and can be hard to grasp. The easiest way to start is copying script from an existing instrument, like the free Aspen EFD1000.

The Artful Dodger

#4 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hi, Keith:

I want to make absolutely certain that you meant to implement a tape feature (speed, altitude, etc.) using the canvas functions rather than the running text/image functions mentioned by Ralph? I just wanted to make sure I understood before I leapt in that direction!

Thanks in advance.

Sparky

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

The Artful Dodger wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:25 pm Hi, Keith:

I want to make absolutely certain that you meant to implement a tape feature (speed, altitude, etc.) using the canvas functions rather than the running text/image functions mentioned by Ralph? I just wanted to make sure I understood before I leapt in that direction!

Thanks in advance.

Sparky
Hi Sparky.

Yes I talk to using canvas function.
https://youtu.be/cDxDooTQ5_0

If you need more help. just ring my door bell.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card