PMDG 737-700 instrument collection

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Pilot367

Re: PMDG 737-700 instrument collection

#51 Post by Pilot367 »

Thanks Detlef for working hard for us i'm interested about your PMDG collection :D

hayden-yin

#52 Post by hayden-yin »

Thanks Detlef, the PMDG737 instruments panel works pretty cool. Only one problem, the MCP panel often works with no display, the COURSE,SPEED,HDG,ALT,V/S windows are blank. At the same time, all the buttons and switchs works fine. All panel depends on FSUIPC works with the same problem. I know these panels depends on FSUIPCI, and I use FSUIPC without a lincese. But for this situation, I think maybe a FSUIPC with license will not help to solve this problem.
Then I checked two scripts and Lvars FSUIPC got from FS
24455.png
And I find that FSUIPC didn`t list some Lvars in the PmdgOk.lua script.
-------------------------------------Such as
"AIR_DisplayLandAlt", "AIR_DisplayFltAlt", "MAIN_annunAP", "MAIN_annunAP_Amber", "MAIN_annunAT", "MAIN_annunAT_Amber", "MAIN_annunFMC", "MCP_IASMach", "MCP_IASBlank", "MCP_IASOverspeedFlash", "MCP_IASUnderspeedFlash", "MCP_VertSpeedBlank", "MCP_VertSpeed", "MCP_indication_powered"
-------------------------------------
But I`m not sure that is the right way to check the Lvars FSUIPC.
I donn`t know if I get a lincese will solve this problem. Please give me some advise

And then I find a way to make the MCP panel display all the numbers. By checking lua file for MCP panel, I find out that all these numbers can be read by AirManager, just cann`t be draw by the script. So why, I kept on study the script, finally I found that Lvar "L:ipcpmdg_MCP_indication_powered" controls the numbers to be showned or not.
Therefor, I modify the script a little to make MCP panel displays all the numbers.
Replace "gMcpPowered = (v==1)" with "gMcpPowered = 1"
But the other panels still displays "0" , and I decided to sign a MEL item for them to dispatch the plane, hahahahaha...........

Detlef

#53 Post by Detlef »

@hayden-yin,

I am sorry to hear you encountered some trouble with the instruments. By the way: before saying the fully licenced FSUIPC7 version is needed, I had contacted the developer John Dowson. And he said, lua is only supported in the full version. Also the full documentation and the Offset Mapping for PMDG 737-700.pdf file is only part of the full product. So you can try without but I think I cannot help you then.

To help instrument users with problems I have now added a trouble shooting section to the notes-737-instruments.pdf document on my dropbox. Please download it and also the Generic - Utilitiy4 - Show MCP Lvars instrument. It might help you getting ideas to solve the issue.

Thank you
Detlef

hayden-yin

#54 Post by hayden-yin »

Detlef wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:16 pm @hayden-yin,

I am sorry to hear you encountered some trouble with the instruments. By the way: before saying the fully licenced FSUIPC7 version is needed, I had contacted the developer John Dowson. And he said, lua is only supported in the full version. Also the full documentation and the Offset Mapping for PMDG 737-700.pdf file is only part of the full product. So you can try without but I think I cannot help you then.

To help instrument users with problems I have now added a trouble shooting section to the notes-737-instruments.pdf document on my dropbox. Please download it and also the Generic - Utilitiy4 - Show MCP Lvars instrument. It might help you getting ideas to solve the issue.

Thank you
Detlef
But all the switchs and buttons works fine without a lincese, I log the lua, sure it works, only some Lvars cann`t be listed from FSUIPC.
I found Dowson provides a trail lincece to try the full function FSUIPC in a month, I`m going to read your docs, and work on it.
Thanks

hayden-yin

#55 Post by hayden-yin »

Detlef wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:16 pm @hayden-yin,

Thank you
Detlef
Confirmed, the fully licenced FSUIPC7 works fine :lol:

jph

#56 Post by jph »

@Detlef
Superb work - again, as always.
Thank you for the amazing input to the community.
Great job with using the amazing FSUIPCx as well. Very well done.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Detlef

#57 Post by Detlef »

Hi Joe,

until now I have only one user of my instruments, who was not able until now to get the FSUIPC-dependent instruments working. And that is because we did not took the time to look for the reason on that specific installation. I for myself use the instruments daily without a glitch. So yes, in this case for the PMDG 737 aircraft FSUIPC saves me.

Thank you
Detlef

jph

#58 Post by jph »

Hi Detlef,
It may well become a necessity to run the licensed FSUIPC for certain other projects in the future also. As usual, Pete - and now John are offering a standardised interface and utility. MSFS is so far behind and the ;glue; that pulls the add-ons together will be FSUIPC. It has always (virtually) been that way with MSFS and of course, P3D which was the same base code.
The add on producers want a common utility where needed and they will turn to a trusted and respected utility like FSUIPC.
I can only see more use of it with products like MSFS as it is in need of a stabilising forces, as have been all versions.
I do not see fsuipc and AM as competitors, I see them as utterly complimentary and should work together (IMO only of course)
Now, if only we could get Pete or john to 'drag' out the MFD units from PMDG :lol:
It would be a an absolute gold mine.
Thanks again
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Detlef

#59 Post by Detlef »

jph wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:00 am Hi Detlef,
It may well become a necessity to run the licensed FSUIPC for certain other projects in the future also. As usual, Pete - and now John are offering a standardised interface and utility. MSFS is so far behind and the ;glue; that pulls the add-ons together will be FSUIPC. It has always (virtually) been that way with MSFS and of course, P3D which was the same base code.
The add on producers want a common utility where needed and they will turn to a trusted and respected utility like FSUIPC.
I can only see more use of it with products like MSFS as it is in need of a stabilising forces, as have been all versions.
I do not see fsuipc and AM as competitors, I see them as utterly complimentary and should work together (IMO only of course)
Now, if only we could get Pete or john to 'drag' out the MFD units from PMDG :lol:
Thanks again
Joe
Joe, servus,

yes I agree with you. As to this:
jph wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:00 am Now, if only we could get Pete or john to 'drag' out the MFD units from PMDG :lol:
yes, but lots of work if you want to have a perfect instrument using that information. For now I just pop out PFD, ND and CDU. That costs about 5-7 FPS.

Detlef

Escriba

#60 Post by Escriba »

Detlef wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:47 pm Hello Joe,

no you didn't miss it. Since 3rd party dependencies are not accepted for the instruments library, I simply did not submit those instruments. My submitted about 30 instruments for the PMDG 737-700 aircraft, that do work with the normal PMDG Lvars (that by the way PMDG is also not officially supporting, at least not for private home cockpit builders). And then there are four instruments that do need FSUIPC when used with my solution. Those are:
image.png
Anyone who likes to have those, may contact me here. The "pay"-version of FSUIPC is needed for that and some knowledge how to find the FSUIPC directory, the .ini file and install a .lua script.

Thank you
Detlef
Hello Detlef

I have a paid FSUIPC version and apart the MCP (I use coreflight tech MCP) all the others instruments i´m really interested

Regards
Alex