Debounce Rotary Encoder

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

burschid1

Debounce Rotary Encoder

#1 Post by burschid1 »

I have Problems with the Rotary Encoder.
How, can I eleminate debounce at my rotary encoder. When I turn the rotary encoder, it always skips numbers.

Example for the Frequence:
127.050 - 127.055 - 127.065 - 127.080 - 127.085 ....
(each one click)

Thanks Chris

Ralph

Re: Debounce Rotary Encoder

#2 Post by Ralph »

Sounds more like you haven't specified the correct number of detents per pulse.

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

The debounce delay can be altered from the default value by using the optional debounce argument in the dial_add() but as Ralph posted you need the detents per pulse set correctly too. See the wiki for details.

svelicheti

#4 Post by svelicheti »

Sling wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:54 am but as Ralph posted you need the detents per pulse set correctly too. See the wiki for details.
I tried to find this in the Wiki but cannot find where or how I can change the detents per pulse setting. This page (https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... n_tutorial) mentions "Rotary encoders come in different number of detents, this means the number of pulses per step/click. If your rotary encoder gives too many callbacks per step/click, try a different type setting.", but does not explain how to do it.

I would appreciate any help with this. This is not for Knobster which apparently has a setting. I am using Arduino Mega for custom panels, and rotary knob response is erratic.

svelicheti

Re: Debounce Rotary Encoder (solved)

#5 Post by svelicheti »

svelicheti wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:49 am
Sling wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:54 am but as Ralph posted you need the detents per pulse set correctly too. See the wiki for details.
but does not explain how to do it.
Found it: https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... w_dial_add