Transparent Panel?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

The Artful Dodger

Transparent Panel?

#1 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello:

I am new to this forum and to Air Manager as well but, as I could find no help by searching, I decided to just ask the question. I am trying to create a HUD so I start with a transparent panel. I click run and it works (I know because I made the panel almost transparent and it showed up). I then created a logic.lua file (it doesn't do anything - just a set of comments); When I run that, I get a white area, the size of the panel. I expected to get my (almost) transparent square.

I must presume I'm doing something wrong but I am too new to Air Manager to debug it. Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Sparky

Ralph

Re: Transparent Panel?

#2 Post by Ralph »

The Create Edit background is always white. Only the home tab has the option for a transparent background.

The Artful Dodger

#3 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Does that mean I cannot create an instrument with a transparent background?

Thanks for the reply!

Sparky

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi
No, it means that in create/ edit the background will always be white.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

The Artful Dodger wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:42 pm Does that mean I cannot create an instrument with a transparent background?

Thanks for the reply!

Sparky
Welcome to the forum,

To overcome this limitation just use a background that contrasts whatever colour you intend to use for the HUD graphics so you can use the testing capabilities of the Create/Edit tab. When the instrument is completed or when you want to test in a panel (home tab) you can just comment out the code that adds the background.

Hope this helps.