Pi Pico hardware pins available that should not be.

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Pi Pico hardware pins available that should not be.

#1 Post by jph »

Hi,
Re: Pi Pico.
There are options in the pin assignment to select 23, 24, 25, 29 on the PICO. please could they be removed as they are used internally. The wiki is correct, it is just that they are available to the user via the pull down pin assignment boxes.
Thanks.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

Re: Pi Pico hardware pins available that should not be.

#2 Post by Ralph »

Will put this in Trello, thanks!

Corjan

#3 Post by Corjan »

Changed in code, will be in next BETA.

Corjan

jph

#4 Post by jph »

thanks guys, but an - UPDATE ...
Actually, it would be better leaving them IN !
I just discovered that most - well, in fact - all - of the pico / rp2040 generic units don't use the rather pointless power selection gpio and 2 of the others so these pins ARE indeed FULLY available.
The full range of 4 analog inputs is also available as the - again rather pointless - Vcc monitoring is also not used.
I have 2 of the rather neat chinese 4MB rp2040 and a couple of 16MB units and all these pins are free to use.
The generic RP2040 units will work perfectly with AM. There are now about 80 different RP2040 based boards available for the Arduino ide board selector all using standard gpio numbering.
The generic units also include a run button, as well as the reset button which the pi 2040 sadly omitted so you don't need to disconnect the usb to fully re-initialise

Apologies for the late info, but I just got the units.
They are actually better than the original unit due to these changes, have at least double the memory, and a euro cheaper so win win.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.