Air Manager is commanding flaps and gears randomly

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

GiorgioB

Re: Air Manager is commanding flaps and gears randomly

#21 Post by GiorgioB »

jph wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:12 pm Try uninstalling the ch products software and setting up the yoke and all buttons / axis etc in the sim directly. The ch control software should not be needed at all.
I don't use any CH driver, only windows' drivers.

I found a few people on MSFS forum reporting a similar problem but they couldn't say if it was only happening with AM 4, although they all use the software. They are going to test without it.
Someone gave me the advice to download an app called DIVIEW to track the inputs. The really weird thing is that the software interprets the commands as if they actually came from the joystick.

GiorgioB

#22 Post by GiorgioB »

Hello everyone

I am on vacation this week so I thought I would give another go on the Air Manager Demo but I keep having the same problem. I left the windows USB Controller windows open and after Air Manager is running (and only when) I keep getting this weird multiple button presses randomly.
Even when MSFS is closed the behavior occurs.
I always seem to get the same buttons pressed: 1, 2, 3, 12, 13, 20 and 24 for some reason.

I am building myself a home physical simulator and Air Manager seems to be what I need but I can't seem to make it work because of that, unless I don't use any buttons, which is not possible at the moment as I need some of them for view controls.
Can anyone enlighten me please if there is a possible solution?

Sling

#23 Post by Sling »

I assume this happens when you just open AM without running any instruments or panels. Is this correct? One thing that will not solve it but may provide some useful information is to test again without the AM plug-in installed. Without the plug-in AM has no way to communicate with the sim. If it works after that then something must somehow be screwing with the plug-in. If it still doesn’t work then it can only be an application incompatibility. It may be useful to un-install all your game and flight sim apps and drivers to try and isolate which one is giving issues. As previously said here, there is no one else reporting this so the issue must lie locally on your machine or network.

I hope you get it sorted because you are right the introduction of AM to your flying experience will be of great benefit. That and it’s always nice to see new simmers making the AM discovery and joining this growing community.

Tony

Ralph

#24 Post by Ralph »

Please send us a support ticket. Let us know which USB device reports these button presses, and is this with or without any panel(s) running. That way we can try to reproduce this.

GiorgioB

#25 Post by GiorgioB »

Thanks for the answers!

I have tested a lot since yesterday. I still receive those inputs but I tried to remove any binding to those keys so I could try AM in flight. It kinda works (except 3 buttons I can't avoid using, so sometimes they get clicked randomly).
Besides that it was working alright but then 3 times when using it together with my Saitek panels I got a terrible delay on the Auto Pilot Panel. It kinda freezes for a few seconds and/or answers slowly to my manual inputs (such as heading or altitude setting).
That never happened before. The AM log.txt doesn't give me any error on those moments.

Ralph, what do you mean by which USB Device? The joystick is a CH Eclipse Yoke I have for a few years now.
I also have Spad.Next installed.

The inputs occur even with simulator closed. I just need to start up AM4 and I start getting some weird random clicks.

GiorgioB

#26 Post by GiorgioB »

I have opened the ticket to see if anyone can help me out.

I have tested a little bit further and this is what I found out:

On a brand new laptop (without any software installed besides windows) I have the same problem. Even without the Air Plugin installed.
I have installed windows, then air manager demo, then a software that creates logs of all joystick inputs.

I have left it open for 5 hours without air manager, no random inputs. After opening air manager in less then 5 minutes I got like 20 random inputs from the joystick.

Ralph

#27 Post by Ralph »

What software do you use? And did you have any joystick hardware attached? If so, what brand and type?

GiorgioB

#28 Post by GiorgioB »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:29 pm What software do you use? And did you have any joystick hardware attached? If so, what brand and type?
Hi Ralph, thanks for answering. My joystick is a CH Eclipse Yoke such as this:
image.png
image.png (11.97 KiB) Viewed 368 times
I have tried today on a brand new windows installation. The only software installed is AirManager (besides windows 10, of course) and as soon as I open AM it gives me this random clicks on almost all buttons.
Airmanager seems to produce clicks on all joystick buttons at the same time (UP and DOWN).

SimPassion

#29 Post by SimPassion »

GiorgioB wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:51 pm
Ralph wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:29 pm What software do you use? And did you have any joystick hardware attached? If so, what brand and type?
Hi Ralph, thanks for answering. My joystick is a CH Eclipse Yoke such as this: image.png

I have tried today on a brand new windows installation. The only software installed is AirManager (besides windows 10, of course) and as soon as I open AM it gives me this random clicks on almost all buttons.
Airmanager seems to produce clicks on all joystick buttons at the same time (UP and DOWN).
Even if you disconnect your CH Eclipse Yoke ?

GiorgioB

#30 Post by GiorgioB »

SimPassion wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:55 pm
GiorgioB wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:51 pm
Hi Ralph, thanks for answering. My joystick is a CH Eclipse Yoke such as this: image.png

Even if you disconnect your CH Eclipse Yoke ?
No, no. If I unplug the CH Eclipse Yoke I don't get any error. It is just when the CH Eclipse Yoke is connected AND AirManager 4 is open I start getting these random inputs in almost all buttons at the same time.