Air Manager is commanding flaps and gears randomly

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

GiorgioB

Air Manager is commanding flaps and gears randomly

#1 Post by GiorgioB »

Hey there! I hope you are all fine.

I am building a home cockpit and downloaded the demo version of Air Manager to try it out. As soon as I turn it on though my aircraft on MSFS starts to flap down and interfere with the gear down/up command.
Because of that my aircraft keeps flapping for no reason and if gear is down, it goes up, if it is up, it goes down. Sometimes I get other clicking noises (as if I was pressing some other button) but I never kept track of what is being pushed.
As soon as I turn off air manager the aircraft and simulator stop that behavior.

Does anyone know what it could be? For now I am only using a pedal (saitek) and a CH Eclipse Yoke. I noticed that when it happens my USB Joystick Control Panel on windows registers as if I had pressed buttons on the yoke, which I have not.
I tested it many many times and it only happens with Air Manager turned on. As soon as it is off the simulator is totally normal again. I even thought my 2 year old yoke was bad but I tested it over and over again with no problem. It just happens just with AirManager on.
Hope anyone can help me out so I can buy the full version. It will look and behave amazing on my cockpit. Thank you.

Ralph

Re: Air Manager is commanding flaps and gears randomly

#2 Post by Ralph »

Here we go again :lol:

GiorgioB

#3 Post by GiorgioB »

Ralph wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:14 pm Here we go again :lol:
Sorry is there any manual or information I missed?

navymustang

#4 Post by navymustang »

It can't be a "normal" AM issue since no one else has reported this. I would suggest that you completely remove AM and any file/folders it installed and re-do the installation.

AM does not issue any commands on its own without a script running or a gauge loaded.

navymustang

#5 Post by navymustang »

GiorgioB

#6 Post by GiorgioB »

navymustang wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:47 pm It can't be a "normal" AM issue since no one else has reported this. I would suggest that you completely remove AM and any file/folders it installed and re-do the installation.

AM does not issue any commands on its own without a script running or a gauge loaded.
Thank you for your reply. I did try to reinstall everything but I got same error. I have just tested it with MSFS closed. Just the joystick connected and then I open up Air Manager and the joystick calibration on windows and it happens again!
After i close AM it stops doing it completely. When I opened the software again here those button pushes come. Weird isn't it? If someone has any idea what it could be I would appreciate. thanks

GiorgioB

#7 Post by GiorgioB »

navymustang wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:49 pm Right on the website.

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... =Main_Page
I just noticed the plugin version I downloaded last week is 3.9 Home Use and the AM is 4.1. Could that be my mistake?
I didn't find a 4.1 plugin

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Every few months there's someone who's totally convinced that Air Manager does XYZ to his flight simulator or his hardware, and then in the end it has always turns out that the problem comes from somewhere else. So as you might understand, I'm very skeptical about this, and not very keen on investigating this further.

It might sound rude, but like I said, this a regular thing.

GiorgioB

#9 Post by GiorgioB »

Ralph wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:25 pm Every few months there's someone who's totally convinced that Air Manager does XYZ to his flight simulator or his hardware, and then in the end it has always turns out that the problem comes from somewhere else. So as you might understand, I'm very skeptical about this, and not very keen on investigating this further.

It might sound rude, but like I said, this a regular thing.
Thank you for answering. Although they say Computer Science is an exact science, it is not always like that. :D I am totally sure it only happens when I am using AM. I did a lot of testing here as I thought my joystick was dying.
So there is probably nothing I can do about it?

Sling

#10 Post by Sling »

For a start you absolutely need the latest plug-in. If that doesn’t do it how about running AM without the joystick.