Air Manager is commanding flaps and gears randomly

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Air Manager is commanding flaps and gears randomly

#11 Post by Ralph »

GiorgioB wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:30 pm I am totally sure it only happens when I am using AM.
That's exactly what they all say :)
But no, sorry, I don't have any suggestions.

What Tony suggested sounds good, try without joystick devices.

jph

#12 Post by jph »

GiorgioB wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:53 pm I have just tested it with MSFS closed. Just the joystick connected and then I open up Air Manager and the joystick calibration on windows and it happens again!
After i close AM it stops doing it completely. When I opened the software again here those button pushes come. Weird isn't it? If someone has any idea what it could be I would appreciate. thanks
Which game controller is it affecting - only one - or all - I suspect only one ? is it the Saitek or the CH - or whatever ? - also, are you running specific drivers for either device as opposed to letting windows use it's own driver - ie: are you running some Saitek or CH specific driver.

AM - DOES - check for attached hardware on startup - such as certain AM recognised connected USB or CDC Com devices. This should not normally interfere with anything else in any way.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

navymustang

#13 Post by navymustang »

Yes - sadly you might be stuck because I think you are the only person in the entire world that has this problem. As suggested, you need to eliminate any source of inputs from your system to troubleshoot this. Not sure if this is a good approach, but you could look at FSUIPC if installed and use it's logging functions to track this down. And again, not sure if this works, but is Linda available for MSFS2020? IF so, you could try using its tracing functions to see what is happening.

Good luck!

jph

#14 Post by jph »

navymustang wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:56 pm Yes - sadly you might be stuck because I think you are the only person in the entire world that has this problem. As suggested, you need to eliminate any source of inputs from your system to troubleshoot this. Not sure if this is a good approach, but you could look at FSUIPC if installed and use it's logging functions to track this down. And again, not sure if this works, but is Linda available for MSFS2020? IF so, you could try using its tracing functions to see what is happening.

Good luck!
Apparently the issue is there without the sim/game running so it seems outside of that environment. No point in tracing anything with msfs in that case.
Removing game controllers is also not a valuable diagnostic as you are simply removing what appears to be affected.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

GiorgioB

#15 Post by GiorgioB »

Thank you guys for answering!

I could make videos or anything if that helps. AM 4 is awesome, unfortunately I think I won't be able to use it then.
Yes, it only happens with CH Eclipse Yoke. Maybe some kind of incompatibility?

Well my home cockpit is working with another software but AM 4 would give me more ease to fly different models.
I will try the FSUIPC tip, thanks! And if I find something else I'll tell you guys. Thanks.

jph

#16 Post by jph »

@GiorgioB - There should be no reason at all that you cannot use Air Manager. It sounds like a genuine problem that can be easily solved. Which driver are you using for the CH Eclipse ? - are you using their 'CH Products control manager' ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

FarmerTom

#17 Post by FarmerTom »

@GiorgioB
Hi Giorgio!
I had not *exactly* the same Problem, but maybe the root cause could be somthing like that:
I wired the Ignition Sitches on my B58 Panels via Airmanager / Arduino.
At the same time, the same command was "taken over" by the rotary Switch on the Alpha Yoke. This lead to the fact, that, as soon as i swiched the ignition switch on the Airmanager Panel, the Ignitionswitch went to the first notch and then magically back to "off" position and back again and again.
I was able to cancel this behaviour by deleting the Switch-assignment in FS2020.
I am not shure if that helps, but maybe this gives you new ideas or could maybe help you analysing the issue. :)

jph

#18 Post by jph »

Hi Tom, no AM Hardware in use. Sounds like a possible issue with CH Manager/Hardware and AM but more info needed.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

GiorgioB

#19 Post by GiorgioB »

I thought I was onto something with the joystick having a tank selector that keeps pushing a constant button but it is not that.
Well, really crazy bug. =(

jph

#20 Post by jph »

Try uninstalling the ch products software and setting up the yoke and all buttons / axis etc in the sim directly. The ch control software should not be needed at all.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.