Kodiak 100 Prop lever conditions lever instrument

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

Kodiak 100 Prop lever conditions lever instrument

#1 Post by Detlef »

Hi all,

here is an Air Manager instrument I made for the SWS Daher Kodiak 100 for FS2020. Please check if you like and let me know if something does not work.

Functions:
- Elevator trim wheel with neutral position indicator
- Prop lever with latching position
- Condition lever with latching position
- Flaps lever (tap next to the intended target position)
- Lighting Panel (in the orig cockpit) controls instrument brightness

(The conditions lever works in increments for the lack of a usable FS2020 variable)
Tested mainly with touch screens.

I tried to optimize instrument handling for touch screens. Meaning large touch sensitive areas,
and latching positions for the prop and mixture lever. A throttle lever is not included.
I figured that everybody has that in hardware.

You might use it in combination with instruments provided by Simstrumentation.

History
June 17 2022 - V1.00
peview.png
peview.png (75.01 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
Thanks
Detlef

Ralph

Re: Kodiak 100 Prop lever conditions lever instrument

#2 Post by Ralph »

I've never heard of this aircraft, but very nice work.

Crunchmeister

#3 Post by Crunchmeister »

Nice work. Not sure I'd use it because I have my Honeycomb Bravo controlling all those things and it works great, but this is definitely cool and looks fantastic. Good job.

I've submitted a bunch of instruments for the SWS Kodiak 100 to the AM Community Store that should show up with the next update of the store. It includes the switch panels, fuel cutoff levers, rudder trim switch, O2 control, and other stuff. If you want them before they get published on the store, you can hit up http://www.simstrumentation.com for those and a bunch of other free stuff.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Detlef

#4 Post by Detlef »

Crunchmeister wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:51 pm Nice work. Not sure I'd use it because I have my Honeycomb Bravo controlling all those things and it works great, but this is definitely cool and looks fantastic. Good job.

I've submitted a bunch of instruments for the SWS Kodiak 100 to the AM Community Store that should show up with the next update of the store. It includes the switch panels, fuel cutoff levers, rudder trim switch, O2 control, and other stuff. If you want them before they get published on the store, you can hit up http://www.simstrumentation.com for those and a bunch of other free stuff.
@Ralph , Crunchmeister,
thank you. Yes I put some effort into that instrument. The Simworkssystems Kodiak 100 for FS2020 is very well made in my opinion, graphics, flight model, sound, system depth. I fly A320 usually and will now start with the 737. - But I also wanted a good aircraft for looking at the sceneries, and still capapable for serious IFR flying.

@Crunchmeister,
yes I found your instruments at simstrumentation.com They are great! And they were the very starting point for me to buy the aircraft and add an instrument. One thing only regarding the switches and lights and ice instruments: for me it is really hard to read the printing. My eyes are quite weak which is why I always have the goal in my instruments to make the printing as big as would fit, even if I must deviate some from the original cockpit. In addition I try to optimize touch screen control. I make the touch sensitive areas bigger than the (graphics of the) switches so that they are easy to operate per finger.

Detlef

Detlef

#5 Post by Detlef »

Hi,
thank you for your feedback. I submitted the instrument today.

Detlef