Possible to customize existing instrument downloads?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

wazooda

Possible to customize existing instrument downloads?

#1 Post by wazooda »

Hello,

Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm trying to get my head around this product.

I have the iPad version and recently purchased the TorqueSim SR20 as I just purchased a real SR-20 to fly here out of KSNA.

There are some AMAZING GCU-479 panels that I download to try on the iPad, but unfortunately they don't seem to work with the Torquesim.

If I purchased the Desktop version, can I customize the buttons to do what I want? I'm pretty sure I can't download it to iPad after modding it, but I can use Duet to emulate a second monitor on my PC and I plan on moving it over to that so I can use the iPad as a touchscreen.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks!

-Paul

Keith Baxter

Re: Possible to customize existing instrument downloads?

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi Paul,

The TorqueSim SR20 does not use the GCU479 it uses the GCU478
The GCU479 is a qwerty keypad.

Good news though. I have the SR20 and I have done that panel.

I will do the SR20 version that uses the GCU478 some time soon.

Full AM is a true gem. You will not regret the purchase. Yes you can clone instruments and modify them. In fact that is the best way to learn how AM coding works.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

wazooda

#3 Post by wazooda »

Hey Keith,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah... I know the Torquesim uses the 478. My personal SR20 is a G6 so it uses the 479. My thought was I'd take your *AMAZING* SR22T 479 and remap it to the Torquesim SR-20 so I could get the buttonology down with out running the real tach. :)

I'm going to purchase and dabble. I'm no coder, but I mimic well by tinkering/trial and error and it can been fun in its own, weird way.

Is your SR20 available online somewhere? I'd love to give it a go.

-Paul

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

wazooda wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:52 am Hey Keith,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah... I know the Torquesim uses the 478. My personal SR20 is a G6 so it uses the 479. My thought was I'd take your *AMAZING* SR22T 479 and remap it to the Torquesim SR-20 so I could get the buttonology down with out running the real tach. :)

I'm going to purchase and dabble. I'm no coder, but I mimic well by tinkering/trial and error and it can been fun in its own, weird way.

Is your SR20 available online somewhere? I'd love to give it a go.

-Paul
Hi Paul,

Just checked the torquesim 479 and the reason it is not in the store is that there are a few datarefs not found. When I get some time I will revisit that and see what I can get to work.
However you are welcome to beta this for me and let me know of any bugs. 98% is working.

Known issues..
1) Home button not working. Will need to find a solution
2) LED's for the 479 not implemented

Keith

EDIT: You will also need to tell me what Autopilot you have. GMC308 or GMC707
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

wazooda

#5 Post by wazooda »

Hey Keith,

Working great! Besides the Home button issue you mentioned (not a major deal IMHO), the only other thing I can't get to work is if in FLC mode (the "old" IAS mode), the thumb-wheel does not increase or decrease the target airspeed. The thumbwheel works just fine so far for alt up and down when in VS mode.

I have the GFC 707 (I think that is the model for the Perspective + system).....

Thanks!

Paul

Keith Baxter

#6 Post by Keith Baxter »

wazooda wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:44 pm Hey Keith,

Working great! Besides the Home button issue you mentioned (not a major deal IMHO), the only other thing I can't get to work is if in FLC mode (the "old" IAS mode), the thumb-wheel does not increase or decrease the target airspeed. The thumbwheel works just fine so far for alt up and down when in VS mode.

I have the GFC 707 (I think that is the model for the Perspective + system).....

Thanks!

Paul
Hi,

I did a bit of work on the 479 indicators today.. I think I have a resolve for most. Just the <MENUE> indicator. There seems not to be a dataref that indicates that state.

Will see what I can hack up.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#7 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,
@wazooda Paul, I reworked the the trim wheel and sorted the blue LEDs.

Let me know if there are any other bugs please.
Just the home button in-opp.
If it works as best expected, then I will tidy up the code and send to the store for all to enjoy in the future.
Keith

wazooda

#8 Post by wazooda »

Hey Keith,

I'll download a try it out. The one thing that I have no checked closely is knob functionality as I use my RealSimGear GNS 530 unit as a knob cheat as I've never liked "soft" knobs on tablets.

However, I'll put them through the paces to give you useful feedback.

Thanks again for the efforts,

Paul

BTW.... I did some real-world night flying IFR here in SoCal last night with my CSIP as I'm still getting used to using autopilot for coupled approaches and I learned and have flown IFR for several years now in a 172 without AP. Holy sh*t! Going to minimums, lifting the hood, and being perfectly lined up is SO nice.... and even hand-flying an ILS using the FPM on the PFD was just a fantastic experience.

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Oops Talking about ILS i see that I have not implemented the Marker Beacon Indicators. I will do so over the weekend.

Keith

wazooda

#10 Post by wazooda »

Hey Keith,

Here's the only problems I've found:

- The changing of airspeed while in FLC AP mode still does not work. If in VS mode, the Nose Up/Down dial works perfectly, but when I am in FLC mode, the target knots value appears over the airspeed tape, but the wheel has no effect.

- The rotary knobs give me trouble.... but again... I don't use them on touchscreen apps because I have physical knobs so it could very well be user error. However, the behavior is that if I double-click to be able to turn the knob, as soon as I start spinning it, it goes rouge and spins itself into a frenzy.

Otherwise, everything seems rock-solid to me.

-Paul