Question about Monitor Refresh Rate

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

able724

Question about Monitor Refresh Rate

#1 Post by able724 »

Ok. I'm running a 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra with 27" triple monitors at 144hz 2560x1440. I'm wondering if I add a 4th Monitor to display Air Manager Panels on, will it limit the refresh rate of my other monitors?

Specifically I'm considering adding one of these: https://smile.amazon.com/Prechen-Touchs ... GF6JB?th=1 to use with Air Manager and a Knobster.

Thanks in advance.

Ralph

Re: Question about Monitor Refresh Rate

#2 Post by Ralph »

I'm not sure why it would?

able724

#3 Post by able724 »

I've been doing computers for a long time. I know at one time if you had multiple monitors, your monitors could only operate at the highest refresh rate possible by your slowest monitor. I didn't know if that was still true or not. That's why I asked.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Could be, although I've never heard about that before. I don't see it being mentioned here: https://www.driversupport.com/knowledge ... at-120-hz/

But maybe someone else here knows more?

jph

#5 Post by jph »

It is no problem PROVIDING your monitors are acting as individual units.
For example, if you were to combine 3 monitors into one single display (stretch) then they should all be the same refresh.

A fourth monitor running a completely different task can be anything you want in the way of refresh.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

able724

#6 Post by able724 »

jph wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:13 am It is no problem PROVIDING your monitors are acting as individual units.
For example, if you were to combine 3 monitors into one single display (stretch) then they should all be the same refresh.

A fourth monitor running a completely different task can be anything you want in the way of refresh.
Thanks. That makes sense. I appreciate it.