Logarithmic Dial Scales

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

DWmFrancis

Logarithmic Dial Scales

#1 Post by DWmFrancis »

Back in 2018 the Instrument Tutorial stated;

"That's all there's to it to create a rotating image. Problems that you'll run into when recreating for example a 'real life' airspeed indicator is that the scale is probably not linear, in the next lesson I will learn you how to solve this. After that we are going to add text to the instrument."

Was this addressed in another lesson somewhere?

I'm creating an RCA AVQ-75 DME which has two log scales on it, one for airspeed and the other for the Time / Distance ring.
IMG_0343.JPG

Keith Baxter

Re: Logarithmic Dial Scales

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Not sure I understand correct. This is easily obtained by using interpolate_linear() for small and large tick marks on your dial scale.
If you need help on that press my bell.

@Ralph Is there a way for you to rotate the OP's image posted? I see that in the post the image is 90° rotated anticlockwise. But if you click on the image it is correctly orientated.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

I wish there was, but unfortunately not.

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

That is an old style DME indicator for sure. What aircraft are you using it in?

There is a non linear gauge tutorial but it’s out of date now as using the linear interpolate features that Keith mentioned is the way to go now. The tutorial will still give you the basic concept though. It’s just the interpolate function makes it a lot cleaner code wise.