Mobiflight Hubhop

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Mobiflight Hubhop

#1 Post by Ralph »

During Aero Friederichshafen we spoke to Sebastian, the developer of Mobiflight, and one of the users of Mobiflight. Very nice guys and we had some interesting discussions. We had to leave early the next day, else it would have been nice to hang out with them some more.

They told us about an interesting project which they started on Hubhop: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/

This contains lots of FS2020 variables and events for default and add-on aircrafts. The list is regularly updated they said, and is being maintained by a couple of volunteers.

If you have any variables or events that are not listed yet, then please send them in, so they can add those.

FLRob27

Re: Mobiflight Hubhop

#2 Post by FLRob27 »

Yeah Sebastain and Mobiflight have done an awesome job at cataloging and make it easier to trigger complicated RPN events. He's also a vocal user on the MS Forums for requesting MS/Asobo to do some bug fixes. When coding AM Panels and looking up variables we often start by looking through the MobiFlight database to save time compared to looking through SDKs.

When I (and others) started making AM panels I always used Mobiflight events, but for submission to the AM store, the guidelines state that instruments shouldn't rely on 3rd party software. And that's for good reason as it's something else to troubleshoot and explain to new users they need to install and update. Now if you guys could team up and somehow include Mobiflight into AM directly, that would be sweet! :mrgreen:
Developer
SIMSTRUMENTATION
EXTERMINATE THE MICE FROM YOUR COCKPIT!
https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air-Manager

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

Our software should be able to do exactly the same, so I do not see why we would need to have Mobiflight in Air Manager?

Crunchmeister

#4 Post by Crunchmeister »

Hubhop has been around for quite a while now. I was using it last year when I had originally built my initial CJ4 instruments using Mobiflight, and then again when converting the CJ4 stuff from Mobiflight to standard events once that support was in the sim and added to AM. It's been an invaluable resource for me so far.

It used to be a bit awkward to navigate and use though and the interface could get a little wonky. They recently revamped it and made the user experience incredibly better. I totally recommend it for anyone looking to build MSFS instruments. It should be the first stop when searching for vars and events. It's much easier than digging through a plane in dev mode.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

FLRob27

#5 Post by FLRob27 »

Ralph wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:15 am Our software should be able to do exactly the same, so I do not see why we would need to have Mobiflight in Air Manager?
Yes agreed. Obviously it's more work on your dev team to try and make AM fully combatable with MSFS2020 compared to just linking a intermediary that handles the native RPN directly.

There are a couple small things that you guys need to develop for AM that MSFS is doing that from the sounds of it no other Simulator does. One being a "bus index", where apparently you can cross reference 2 variables to see if they are connected. Which is useful/required for electrical circuits in the Cessna Longitude due to the way they wrote the plane, which is why no one has created any instruments for that plane yet. I'll probably request this (with more detail) after we resolve the current bug.

Leave it too MS/Asobo to reinvent the wheel...if only the graphics didn't look so damn good. :mrgreen:
Developer
SIMSTRUMENTATION
EXTERMINATE THE MICE FROM YOUR COCKPIT!
https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air-Manager