Zibo motorized throttle

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bebe100

Zibo motorized throttle

#1 Post by bebe100 »

Hi everyone
There is any solution for motorized throttle for Zibo B737?

Ralph

Re: Zibo motorized throttle

#2 Post by Ralph »

What do you consider to be a solution?

bebe100

#3 Post by bebe100 »

Today I use the software from simvim but I want to work totally with AM.
Solution. trust levers with analog input but sincronized with servos.here is the problem for me.
I speek about B737 zibo.
By the way.for efis we use for vor1 and 2 switches on-off-on hai to define in application were I have 3 📌 to define.enlight me please.
Thanks

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

The hardware for the Zibo throttle is in DEV (With Me) at the moment.

Also the MFD upper and lower is almost ready for BETA.

ETA is about 4 weeks for the throttle.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

bebe100

#5 Post by bebe100 »

God bless you

bebe100

#6 Post by bebe100 »

Hi
Any news

jph

#7 Post by jph »

It all depends on the hardware you use in the throttle assembly and housing.
There is a LOT going on in there to consider when building it and therefore, when controlling it.

I have seen some hardware designs that look good but are simply not up to the job for mechanical drive. (a recent 3d printed one for example where the outside design is fine but the drive and electrical units are very poor).

Ideally you would be looking at 2 (probably DC) motor drive units for the throttle levers with feedback position sensing (closed loop) - AND slip ring clutches on each lever drive, or possibly current sensing could work for manual override.
You would need suitable control for the spoiler lever and a few minor things like the park brake etc.
One of the areas to look at is also the trim control wheel drive as that needs to be a powerful unit with current sensing. These things run at around 250 rpm and have incredible acceleration from standstill.

I would say you need to 100% design your hardware first and only when you are happy - electro-mechanically - then move on to find the best code solution which may be easier done from an embedded micro AND AM. It all depends on the sensors and drive units you are using. Make the code fit around the hardware and not the other way around.

There is no single electro mechanical design for this hence no single code solution. It all depends on what you intend to use. For slip clutches 'Poly Clutch' are good and cost effective, also Slip-Eaze units.

If you have existing hardware and feedback loops / current sensing and positional devices, drive units, motor controllers and current sensors etc then any code would need to work with those specific devices.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

bebe100

#8 Post by bebe100 »

I already use servos with throttle levers (simvim application) but I want to use only this software for ZIBO.

jph

#9 Post by jph »

bebe100 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:27 am I already use servos with throttle levers (simvim application) but I want to use only this software for ZIBO.
you would still need to publish a full schematic of your setup with all details.
'Servos' could mean anything at all. DC Closed loop, R/C, R/C multiturn with remote sensing .... etc etc.. How are you overriding the servo's for manual intervention ? - etc etc etc.
You cannot just expect a piece of code to work with your chosen hardware.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

bebe100

#10 Post by bebe100 »

I'm using normal servos with high torque witch I attached with levers to the thrust levers creating a parallelogram.
To move the thrust levers I use a relay which cut the +5v of the servos.
The relay need a signal from N1 or from SPEED from MCP
The servos need a signal from x plane 11 (ZIBO) to match the thrust position (I don't know haw to do it)
I cut the +5v of the relay with button (desengage A/T) and so I can move thrust levers freely
In conclusion I need code for throttle (that's easy), code for servos to follow thrust levers, code for N1 and SPEED from MCP to activate the relays wich restore the +5v to the servos.
Please excuse me I'm not an expert
Thx anyway