Air Player 4 for Raspberry Pi

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

desktop_pilot

Air Player 4 for Raspberry Pi

#1 Post by desktop_pilot »

Hello,

I was wondering, is there no longer an Air Player for the Raspberry Pi? When I went to purchase the new versions of Air Player 4 and Air Manager 4 (I used to have version 3) I did not see an option for the Rpi. I purchased the only Air Player that I could see on the website. I then downloaded that and went about installing it but I am not that familiar with installing software on Linux. After many struggles I then did a web search for Air Player for the Rpi and found this website:

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... stallation

I downloaded the image it references and successfully installed it on the Rpi. After booting it up and having an issue getting it to start it showed up in Air Manager. The screen attached to the Rpi was black but I thought that was because it was not activated. So, I went to activate it but my license window in Air Manager did not show a license that I could use. I clicked on the "Buy" button and it took me to a website that said "Product not found".

Is there no longer a Air Player for the Rpi? If that is the case how do I use Air Player for it? I see that there is an ARM version of Air Player and that is the one that I downloaded but I was not able to find any instructions on how to use it. Is the Rpi no longer supported?

desktop_pilot

Re: Air Player 4 for Raspberry Pi

#3 Post by desktop_pilot »

Thanks for the quick response. So, to install Air Player on the Rpi do I first have to install the Raspberry Pi OS? If that is the case, which version do I install? Are there instructions on how to do this?

Thanks again.

desktop_pilot

#5 Post by desktop_pilot »

I was able to install Air Player on the Rpi, is there a way to automatically start Air Player when the Rpi starts?

Thanks again for all the help!

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

monkeysuncle

#7 Post by monkeysuncle »

Hi, Ralph,

I have been able to use the coupon and purchase Air Players for ARM. I've installed Air Player on my new Raspberry Pi 4, with two screens. I've cloned the panels I've created from my two RPi2Bs to the new RPi4.

One screen only shows 4 of the 11 instruments over a black background. The other screen only shows 1 of 6 instruments over a black background. I've tried to PUSH the missing instruments to the new Pi, but I get a failure error. I've been able to push to screen 2 successfully. Not sure how to proceed.

View recent photos.png
Two panels with 2 RPis (current setup)

IMG_7264.jpg
How the panels show in the new RPi

IMG_7262.jpg
Air Manager showing correct panel

IMG_7265.jpg
Error when I try to PUSH instruments to RPi.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dave Mei

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Are these custom instruments?

monkeysuncle

#9 Post by monkeysuncle »

Most of them, yes. The only changes I've made are to the image files to remove the bezels, reflections, etc. They all work on my current RPi panels.

UPDATED POST:

I purchased the Premium Cessna 172SP Panel, which has really nice instruments that have no panel background. These will serve my needs and replace most of the custom instruments I've been using. For the other custom panels I need, I was about remake them and PUSH them successfully.

I think I'm in great shape right now!

thanks all!

Dave

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

Still something we should fix. The missing message is on our to do list, and we have to see if we can recreate the error. I gave it a try, but wasn't able to.
Are you pushing multiple instruments simultaneously? And if so, how many?