Airmanager via pico-projectors

Upload and share cool photos and videos of Air Manager in action

Moderators: russ, Ralph

vangyver

Re: Airmanager via pico-projectors

#21 Post by vangyver »

I did some more testing and put my findings in a picture for the ILS. I would say your right on the mark as everything matches exactly between AM and A2A.
I do very much appreciate all the work you have done for me. I am Truly Grateful. Thank you so much JackZ, and yes I am enjoying and learning more about the instrument by testing. Hope you will upload it to the store for others to enjoy also.
Generic - DAVTRON M903 v120
Vangyver
deviation.jpg

Ralph

#22 Post by Ralph »

If this is the map, then that's correct, there's an offset. That on the to-do list for 4.2.

vangyver

#23 Post by vangyver »

Ralph,
I figured this is one way to see how accurate the Davtron is. I tuned into the ILS for runway 28. I place the aircraft (centered Aircraft) in slew mode and very slowly moved it to the left and right until the A2A gauge would change and marked the position (center line of fuselage). I was surprise to see the Airmanager Davtron gauge changed at exactly the same time as the A2A Gauge. I then copied the aircraft image in photoshop and pasted it (left and right and a little lower for clarity) in exactly the position the gauges would changed. It is the only way I could check the accuracy.
Vangyver

JackZ

#24 Post by JackZ »

I directly use for the Davtron the deviation error variable (in degrees) returned by the sim, so yes it is accurate, as long as the sim is accurate.

The most complicated was to translate the deviation error into a meaningful symbology in the Davtron, namely error in degrees X4 and an horizontal dash in the direction of the Loc center, with a triple bar when the plane is centered +/-0.5 degrees

Jacques

Of course I will submit the gauge to the store when finished
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

vangyver

#25 Post by vangyver »

Better clarity
deviation2.jpg

JackZ

#26 Post by JackZ »

Is the AM instrument still displaying 0-X or -0 X, instead of a triple bar X when the aircraft is “almost” centered on the LOC, in the latest v1.20 version? Thought I had it fixed as well.

vangyver

#27 Post by vangyver »

JackZ
I am so sorry, my bad. I should have detailed the last picture better. No excuse but I was hasty as the wife was waiting for me. No way to answer in words (yes & no) so here is a much better detailed picture.
Vangyver
deviation3.jpg

JackZ

#28 Post by JackZ »

Okay, thanks.
Still need a bit of fine tuning in order to have the same behavior as apparently the criteria for switching from “centered” to +/-1 dot deviation is >= +/-0.25 degrees of lateral error

vangyver

#29 Post by vangyver »

I found the LVARs used for the switches on the DVOR.
L:DvorNavSwitch (value of 0=Nav1 Value of 1=Nav2)
L:DvorToFromSwitch (value of 0=To Value of 1=Fr)

Vangyver

JackZ

#30 Post by JackZ »

Okay, thanks, I will work on it next week as soon as my PC will be fixed (big crash, I’m still scratching my head about it either mobo, PSU or GPU), as there is no way to program AM with an iPhone only.. :cry: