Air Manager crash on Samsung Galaxy Tab

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

StORM48

Re: Air Manager crash on Samsung Galaxy Tab

#11 Post by StORM48 »

Here`s what I found out so far...

When I disable Wi-Fi on my tablet and run Air Manager, it starts regularly, with gauges trying to load. If previously configured, gauges successfully load themselves and the app is ready.
Then I enable Wi-Fi and manually connect to FS2020 which sometimes allow me to use it.

The fact that app don't crash if Wi-Fi is disabled (with autoconnect feature disabled) tells me that issue is not caused by an old hardware tablet, but something within your communication procedure, so that's the point you should start with, if you want to solve the Android usability problem.

This workaround doesn't always work and needs to be looked into.

If someone manages to find out some better procedure to keep AM crash-free, share it here, please!

StORM48

#12 Post by StORM48 »

More details...

1. disable wi-fi
2. enter AM
3. enter settings and disable autoconnect and delete IP (if you used it previously)
4. hit enter on keyboard, to confirm blank IP
5. enable wi-fi

AM not crashing, but it's still not connected to FS

If you enter settings, write the IP and confirm it, AM manages to connect to FS2020 successfully and few moment later - crashes.

So, once again, communication between the AM and FS2020 is something that technically CAN'T be caused by old Android version or tablet hardware. Especially on few different models. Sorry, but that's the fact.

jph

#13 Post by jph »

Sorry, but that's the fact.
:lol: facts are facts eh ? well. who can argue with that. :shock: .. and no need to be sorry. :roll:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

I will try to reproduce it. As I mentioned before, it is sometimes very difficult or impossible to reproduce issues. And it is not that easy to debug on the tablet of someone else.

StORM48

#15 Post by StORM48 »

Thanks for response!

I'm willing to provide remote access via TeamViewer (or whatever you like) to both of my tablets, if that can help to diagnose.

I can also install any debug tools you require.

Those few minutes when app worked... it`s just amazing how fluent and detailed it looked! Almost as the RL cockpit in 172!
I got to make it work!

Best regards!

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

On Wednesday I will try to make it crash on our own two tablets. But last time I wasn't able to, so I'm not really sure. From what I've heard from my colleague, debugging on someone else's tablet is quite cumbersome. We'll also check the crash log from Google, but often that does not give any valuable information.

StORM48

#17 Post by StORM48 »

Any news so far?

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

Jasper is working on it, and he probably has a lead, but he's not sure what is going wrong. It seems to affect only old (slow) tablets, so maybe a timing issue that only comes up with slower hardware.
He will be working on it this morning, so I guess that he will find out more. But in general, the whole application is going to get an overhaul, that is what Jasper will be working on these coming months.

Grosati

#19 Post by Grosati »

I can confirm that AM crashes on my Samsung Tab4, but works fine on my other Samcung TabA. May be that the theory of speed is real

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

The issue has been resolved. We might push a new version tomorrow, but it might also be next week. There are a few other things, that can cause problems, although they don't seem to at the moment. But we rather have those fixed as well.