FlyByWire A320 Collection for MSFS 2020 Version 2

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

ylevesque

Re: FlyByWire A320 Collection for MSFS 2020 Version 2

#21 Post by ylevesque »

New 2022-12-09 version is available
TERR ON ND now works in A32NX FBW development version
I Updated TERR ON ND on Autobrakes and Terrain Captain instruments.
Available on https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

Yves

DeltaCharlie

#22 Post by DeltaCharlie »

ylevesque wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:55 am We don’t plan to convert instruments for the fenix. This is not an easy task. All variables are specific to the FBW A320. Some logic may also be different.
If somebody wants to do it we can offer some support. I

Yves and Alexander
Hi (bonjour !) Yves,
I started (and reached an almost fully working state !) a Fenix conversion based on your fantastic work. Many Thanks.

The worst part with the Fenix is that some variables (mainly the fcu hdg/spd/alt/vs variables) are not accessible.

I used a tool that reads them from the memory to fsuipc offset and a lua script to reinject them as LVARs.

I started a thread about this conversion :
https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6743

Dr.Pilot.FI

#23 Post by Dr.Pilot.FI »

Amazing work! Any chance of having also the Audio Panel (only com1 and 2 functionalities) due to flying online? Thanks in anticipation.

ylevesque

#24 Post by ylevesque »

There is an Audio Control Panel (ACP) in the Overhead.
Does-it fill your needs?

Yves

ylevesque

#25 Post by ylevesque »

The 2023-01-23 version of the instrument is available on my Google Drive

With the authorization of the author, it now includes overhead instruments by Thierry Hughet (Scarabé).
Many instruments including some from the overhead were updated:
2023-01-17 Update Autoland Captain, Gear Lever.
Now include A32NX Overhead instruments. Update: Crew Supply in Left Panel, FLTCTL Pilot and FLTCTL co-pilot. Knobster friendly 3 way switches in the Light Panel.
Update documentation.
2023-01-21 Correct ECAM instrument
2023-01-23 Correct many light switches in A32NX FlyByWire-Overhead - Lights panel and in Airbus A320 FlyByWire-Overhead Lights Panel Bleed Mod

Yves

flyrom

#26 Post by flyrom »

Hi,

I am not sure if it is the right place to ask but could not find any other topic on it;
I am new to the forum and would like first to thank you for your excellent work concerning the FBW a32nx overhead panel with air manager in MSFS2020.
I was using it on a third touch screen monitor last year flawlessly and then haven't touch the sim at the end of the year (with dev version of FBW);

Last night I wanted to use it but I found that some switches that were working fine before did not work at all: some light switches, batt switches and packs switches (touching them or using mouse did nothing, but they are moving/updating when moving them on the in sim overhead. After founding this thread, I updated air manager and use your updated siff files from 01/23/2023, and was able to make some of the light switches work again but not all.

I have tried both stable (0.9.1) and dev version of FBW and was trying to play a bit with the lua script of some of the instruments composing the overhead but so far no clue.

Does anyone have the same problem or have heard of ?

Thank you very much
Romain

ylevesque

#27 Post by ylevesque »

Hi Romain

The light switch problem is supposed to be corrected in my last version.
Look at my Jan 23 post.
Let me know if it don't work.

Yves

flyrom

#28 Post by flyrom »

Hi Yves,

Thank you for your reply;
So I tested again tonight and I have managed to make all the light switches to work (with the light instrument from scarabee) (with although a strange behavior : there is no click sound when im am not focused on the in sim overhead but it seems to be a bug from FBW instead). I had to toggle the switches first in sim before it worked, for exemple the nose taxi light switch needs to be set on the center position in sim for it to work on the touch screen.
Apart from this, both batteries switches and packs switches still don't work; but I guess it might be a bug from FBW side;

Anyway thanks again,

Romain

ylevesque

#29 Post by ylevesque »

Hi Romain
There is a bug in Air Manager.
See my post: A workaround for the fs2020_variable_write() not always working
I implemented the workaround for a few switches and it works fine for me when I start a flight in "Cold and Dark".
If you start the flight on a runway, some switches are set by the sim and they won't work in Air Manager until you change their value in the sim.
I plan to revise all fs2020_variable_write() with the new function fs2020_rpn(rpn_script) that should be available in Air Manager 4.2.
If you have some buttons or switches that bug you, let me know and I will see what I can do in the short term.

Yves

flyrom

#30 Post by flyrom »

Hi Yves,

Thanks for the information on the workaround, I will check it later and let you know how it goes,

Bonne soirée
Romain