Stutters with DirectX 11

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Pkaser

Stutters with DirectX 11

#1 Post by Pkaser »

Hey all. Ran into something that I suspect is a bug. I get a TON of stutters in XPlane 11.5 when I have the renderer in Air Manager set to DX11. OpenGL 2.0 is butter smooth. It gets worse when the GPS popped out too. I would leave it set to OpenGL but the GPS wont show through, so i am kinda stuck.

Any ideas?

Patrick

jph

Re: Stutters with DirectX 11

#2 Post by jph »

Have you checked for a GPU driver update ? - if not, install the latest drivers for your GPU.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Pkaser

Re: Stutters with DirectX 11

#3 Post by Pkaser »

I have. I rebuilt the machine, and reinstalled everything from scratch because of these stutters. I even put in an older 46x.xx driver just to try it. Everything else runs like a champ (which has just been some benchmarking software)

I also went from 10 to 11, and swapped out memory for faster (2666 to 3200), and swapped out the SSD for faster. Updated the BIOS, too. The video card is a 2080 Super.

One thing that I think seems peculiar is that I am running it on a I7-9700K which doesnt have hyperthreading. Would anyone out there mind trying switching off hyperthreading in their BIOS to see if this issue can be replicated?

It only seems to happen when AM is running in DX11. Reducing everything to minimums in Xplane does nothing. Same with NCP.

It all runs great with AM off or in OGL renderings. I would just run in OGL, but I need transparency to see the GPS