Dynon Skyview HDX

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

notam42

Dynon Skyview HDX

#1 Post by notam42 »

Hi all, just thought I'd upload a screenshot of my current development. After watching videos (lots) from Tony and Russ Barlow, I've been playing around with AM for a few months and enjoying learning this powerful tool. The main driver behind this instrument is to allow me to match the panel in my (real) RV9A coupled with a GNS430 to allow me to practice instrument approaches.

Since there is no current implementation of Dynon HDX that I am aware of, I figured I am probably not alone...

Almost all of the data fields on the current screenshot work for both X-Plane and FS2020. I'm currently working on implementing the autopilot control page and adding the 50/50 split PFD/MFD map page.
image.png
If there is any interest, I'll post some additional screen shots, and plan on uploading when the code is fully functional and cleaned up.

SunnySkies

Re: Dynon Skyview HDX

#2 Post by SunnySkies »

Wow, this is impressive! Can't wait to see more.

Crunchmeister

#3 Post by Crunchmeister »

Wow.That's really awesome. Can't wait to try it out.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

SaltyGator

#4 Post by SaltyGator »

Ditto, I'm very interested!

Voxventus

#5 Post by Voxventus »

Can wait to see it working.
We also have HDX in our Remos MLA

Jon_H

#6 Post by Jon_H »

Very interested in this as well, hope project is still alive :)

notam42

#7 Post by notam42 »

The project is still very much alive and progressing, albeit not as quickly as I would like ;) I will post some additional screenshots later this week.

notam42

#8 Post by notam42 »

Here are some more screenshots of the current state of the HDX.

Full Screen
Screenshot 2022-07-30 102927.png
Split / COM radio control page
Screenshot 2022-07-30 103041.png
Split Screen / Transponder control page
Screenshot 2022-07-30 103027.png
Split Screen / Autopilot control page
Screenshot 2022-07-30 103009.png

Crunchmeister

#9 Post by Crunchmeister »

Not gonna lie, I'm actually pretty excited about this. Hoping you can get it done and released soon. I'm dying to try it out. It would be awesome to have non-Garmin avionics in a plane for a change.

Are you also developing the bezel with the softkeys and knobs for this?
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

notam42

#10 Post by notam42 »

Thanks for the comments.

I will be including a bezel along with the button handler to drive the various functions within the PFD. The left/right knobs can be used to select the appropriate bug to adjust and when in split map view, the right bug would switch to zooming in/out.

Many of the screen widgets can also be driven with a touchscreen as on the real display (selecting barometer, altitude bug, vertical speed bugs, minimum altitude bugs etc).

The least authentic part of the panel is the moving map mostly due to the lack of true vector mapping within AM at the current time.

Development is active and I am adding functionality on a daily basis and expect to have a beta release in the next couple of months.

This has really been a fun project and great way to learn the powerful AM product. After many false starts over the last few years, I'm not sure I could have progressed this far without it.