Encrypting code.

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Encrypting code.

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

@Corjan
Is there a way of encrypting a whole instrument code? I have a few instruments that the community may benefit from but I do not want to share some of my coding concepts and ideas. Commercial peeps are encroaching on some of my ideas and I want to stop that.
Obviously once the instrument is encrypted then there is no reading any comments in code.

You can PM me if you do not want to make this practice public.

I do not mind giving ideas and helping others by commercial plagiarism hits a nerve.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

Re: Encrypting code.

#2 Post by Ralph »

The simple answer is no, that's not possible with community instruments. But I believe we had the same discussion a long time ago. You can probably still find it here on the forums.

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:44 pm The simple answer is no, that's not possible with community instruments. But I believe we had the same discussion a long time ago. You can probably still find it here on the forums.
Hi Ralph,

I am not receiving many warm fuzzy's lately. ;)

To be honest, I do not have the appetite to find the answer on the forum. Maybe some other time.
I probably need to take a break for a short while because I seem to be getting into everyone hair with my input. No worries I am not going to desert AM. Will just do my own thing and do things that give me pleasure, my way.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

In general, that seems like a good thing to persuit in life :).

I can understand the frustration that comes with people profit of your work commercially.
It is a clear downside of the open source concept.

We cannot allow community instruments from getting encrypted. The whole concept of the community instruments is that you can view others code and learn/expand from it.

Corjan

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Yes we’ve had this discussion before and my thoughts are the same. Air Manager is missing out on many fine instruments/panels because of a reluctance by many of us to share stuff so openly. Some instruments are ok for sharing but others take so much work that I for one and many others don’t like the thought of just giving all that hard work up for nothing.I’ve already caught one such commercial outfit using an image without permission and I have suspicions about some others. Not everyone contributes in equal measure and the take take brigade mentality holds back an otherwise sound concept. I am regularly asked to share my stuff but sharing for me is a 2 way thing. I’m still mulling over the best way forward.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

There are no hard feelings from my side, I'm just laying it out as it is. Tony also confirmed, this has been discussed before.