X-Plane Garmin Setup

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JoB4031

X-Plane Garmin Setup

#1 Post by JoB4031 »

I am returning to X-Plane after spending the last few years on MSFS 2020 and P3D v5. I have used Air Manager to display the standard six pack on a single USB touchscreen, so my experience is limited. I am working to build a simulator that will replicate the VulcanAir V1.0. This aircraft doesn't seem to have any models made of it so I'll have to use another single engine GA aircraft. The VulcanAir has a G500 TXi for the pilot's instrument display and then a Garmin GMA350 audio panel, Garmin GTN650 panel, and a Garmin GNC 255 down the center for a Comm/Nav/GPS/radio stack.

I found RealSimGear's G500 software and Reality XP's GTN650 software to display those two panels in X-Plane. I haven't found any addons to display the GMA350 or GNC255. Is there software to emulate these in X-Plane?

And the step I am really stuck at is if it would be better to utilize Air Manager to simulate these panels on screen or utilize RealSimGear's GTN650 and GMA350 units next to a touchscreen that just has the G500 TXi popout? Looking for recommendations on how to best integrate Air Manager on a multiple touchscreen setup that integrates the above Garmin equipment.

Thank you for your time and input.
-Jonathan

Sling

Re: X-Plane Garmin Setup

#2 Post by Sling »

Hi Jonathan,

First up welcome to the forum.
What you want to do is mostly achievable but you will likely need to make some of the Air Manager instruments yourself as they are not currently available in the community store or as a premium panel. Please note that the G500 to which you refer I believe is not the newer Txi model which is quite different so you may have to compromise with the non Txi G500.

I’m a big Air Manager advocate so I would say you can put these all on touch screens and use overlay instruments to control the units that are displayed by other software such as the G500 and GTN. There is no right or wrong with this but factor in cost and what you want to achieve to help make the decision.