Updated to new version and all instruments on panels are wrong size

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sabre

Re: Updated to new version and all instruments on panels are wrong size

#31 Post by Sabre »

jph wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:50 pm
Sabre wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:23 pm
Ralph wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:03 am Maybe something wrong in your config, corrupt, not allowed to write... You can check the log.txt to see if there's anything mentioned that explains it.
The log.txt can be found in C:/users/your username/Air Manager/

Please don't paste the complete content here :)
I've recently had the same issue with 4.1.4. The gauges and panel size were way too large to fit on the screen. The only way I was able to fix it was to delete and re-create the panel. After reviewing the log I saw no related issues nor any issues of any kind.
Have you been experimenting with multiple monitors of different resolutions?
Yes. Not actually experimenting though. Main panel is 1920x1080 and I have a touch screen for the radios at 1024x640.

jph

Re: Updated to new version and all instruments on panels are wrong size

#32 Post by jph »

Ah, I cannot remember exactly what happened but I had a similar issue when experimenting with a very high res, and unusual res, 4th screen. I believe the panel was corrected eventually by altering the panel main properties. I never manually changed the size to begin with but had to manually adjust it later after use on the different size screen in full screen mode for a quick test. Why it sticks in my mind is the joyous fact that Windows also will keep a window in the area it was left even if you remove the additional screen !!. I had the great mystery of the missing excel window of 2022 due to that as well. :shock: ;) it was still in the virtual area where it would have been if the screen was attached.... ie, on screen 4 even though I only had 3.hence was not visible .... Oh the joy of it.... :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.