Airmanager does not complete startup after install

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

larsras

Airmanager does not complete startup after install

#1 Post by larsras »

Hi
I have Airmanager 4.1 running on a PC, which needs to be set in use for other purposes.
I have a clean i5 / HD4600 PC on latest Win10 which I will use for Airmanager only.
I tried first with 4.1 then 3.7, but get same results.
Airmanager launch hangs in Loading Instruments. I know I need to reregister for the new PC, but I assume I should be able to get further than this:

2022-03-05 11:30:48 INFO EntityManager - Starting Air Manager Home Use 4.1.1 (Home Use, Demo) (JAVA=16.0.1)
2022-03-05 11:30:48 INFO AMBase - Initializing
2022-03-05 11:32:50 INFO EntityManager - Closing
2022-03-05 11:32:50 INFO EntityManager - Closed

what is going wrong here?

br Lars

Ralph

Re: Airmanager does not complete startup after install

#2 Post by Ralph »

First of all, when you have installed version 4, you cannot go back to version 3.
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... rt_anymore

It sounds like you've got a corrupted configuration or instrument. The easiest solution would be to remove the Air Manager folder, the folder where you got that log.txt from.

larsras

#3 Post by larsras »

I'm already removing the folder in-between install tries, to be sure nothing is left over.
So unless there is another airmanager storage somewhere, then all installs I have done are clean installs of air manager.
And to add, it is a complete clean freshly installed Win10 (fully updated), and this issue happened at the very first install try of the 4.1.1 version.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

You can try uninstalling, then remove the complete Air Manager folder, and install again. Also running the plugin installer on the same computer as Air Manager might help.
If that does not help then it's most probably some missing files on your system. We can give you a refund in that case, that's always the easiest solution for us ;)