Samsung Android Tablet Support

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Austins_Trucking

Samsung Android Tablet Support

#1 Post by Austins_Trucking »

Is there a way to connect my android tablet to Air Manager on my PC without paying another $30 for the app, I already paid for the full PC App.
I am asking because before I purchased Air Manager I emailed Sim Inovation with these question and their answers:
-if I can use my Samsung Android tablet with Air Manager to connect with MSFS 2020 on my PC
Yes
-I assume that I would need to purchase for PC and Tablet?
No, for the tablet version you only need the plugin which is free.
And yet I see no way to interact with my Tablet without buying the app from Google Play.
So I guess my mistake is I should only have bought the tablet version???
The documentation in English is certainly not very informative if that is the case!
His reply :You asked:
I assume that I would need to purchase for PC and Tablet?

So my answer was no, because you do not need to purchase both. I never said that Air Manager is free, I said that the plugin is free.

So you can see my confusion!
So if I spend another $30 will I actually be able to move pop out instruments to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet?
Just asking as I've already dropped $100 (CDN) for essentially nothing so far.

Corjan

Re: Samsung Android Tablet Support

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

We can refund your Air Manager license for Desktop if you don't plan to use it on Desktop.

Not sure why you would post here on the forum, when you are already discussing this through email.

Corjan

Austins_Trucking

#3 Post by Austins_Trucking »

I am posting here as I did not get a response to my last email after questioning the fact I did my Due Diligence by asking the questions before purchase of the product, and then the response I get is "I didn't say Air Manager was Free" but indeed he inferred that directly and at no point did he respond with any information about refunding the PC Version, or answering the question " if I purchase Air Manager from Google Play for my android tablet will I be able to use it with my PC with FS2020, which you also have not answered.

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Last response was this morning :)
But please wait for the email so we can refund your purchase.

Corjan

Corjan

#5 Post by Corjan »

And yes, you can connect the Arduino version of Air Manager to FS2020 on the PC.
No need to buy Air Manager for desktop,

Corjan

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Austins_Trucking wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:02 pm So if I spend another $30 will I actually be able to move pop out instruments to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet?
I believe the answer to this specific question is no. But @Corjan will be able to clarify.
AFAIK the android version only supports instruments / panels / items that are specifically designated for android.

Out of interest Corjan ? - is there a published list of downloadable items for the Android version ?

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Corjan

#7 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Bit of a wording thing, but if you want to be able to popout and drag windows from your Windows machine to an Android machine, you should look into apps that act like an external Windows monitor.

Air Manager for ndroid has access to all community instruments and panels:
https://siminnovations.com/community-panels

Corjan