Airplayer and Arduino's

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Shimokuta

Airplayer and Arduino's

#1 Post by Shimokuta »

I have about 20 Arduino's connected in my Sim.
I was trying to use the Airplayer in stead of the Airmanager on the PC where Arduino's are connected.

Is this a good option to use the Airplayer for Arduino connectec instruments??
I ran into an issue of flashing Arduino's .
My other Airmanager pc is a remote pc , i cannot flash arduino's because they are connected to the airplayer pc.

So is there a solution, or should i , when using Arduino's , stick to the Airmanager?

grtz

Ralph

Re: Airplayer and Arduino's

#2 Post by Ralph »

They work with Air Player just as good as with Air Manager, or at least they should ;) But the flashing of Arduino's will always be in Air Manager.

Shimokuta

#3 Post by Shimokuta »

Hmm yes , figured that.
This i an issue for me because i have to connect all Arduino's when flashing to a PC with Airmanager.
So i stick to Airmanager when using Arduino's

jph

#4 Post by jph »

Shimokuta wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:12 am Hmm yes , figured that.
This i an issue for me because i have to connect all Arduino's when flashing to a PC with Airmanager.
So i stick to Airmanager when using Arduino's
I am not quite understanding your issue. You have to flash them with AM - ONCE ! then you use them in AP.

Is it that you do not have AM - AND - AP ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

It's indeed something you only have to do with updates. You can even do it from the demo version, without a license.

Shimokuta

#6 Post by Shimokuta »

Yes , indeed, with updates.
So every now and then.
THis is a hassle because i have a full scale Learjet shell with arduinos mounted in an avionics bay.
I have to place a management PC with AM near this all and connect all Arduinos.
I remotely manage the PC's , so it is easier to use AM instead of AP

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Or have Air Manager installed there, without a license. Then trough for example TeamViewer or Windows remote desktop flash them in case it is necessary.

jph

#8 Post by jph »

Indeed. As @Ralph says. This is a FAR better option owing to your setup and the number of attached to devices.
I would highly recommend that you change the AP machine license to an AM machine licence to give you this flexibility. You can always ask Ralph about a special deal on an upgrade from AP for your specific case and usage. :)

I would also recommend a complete and frequent backup system in use on the machine with 20 Arduinos connected. Backups should be the norm on ANY system anyway, but it has not been unknown for a minor issue to become highlighted with a new Arduino flash and program update.
Always backup to an external drive - preferably 3 drives in rotation.

The best program to use is totally free and a most superb backup solution. I have used this program for more than 10 years on ALL my PC's and laptops.

The program recommended is EaseUS TODO Backup free,
https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html

Scroll down and ensure you download the totally free program. It will do everything the normal user would require. There are no annoying popups or stupid ads. It is a seriously good program.

If you look at my signature you will see that my background is IT and network security at the very highest level and qualified to CISSP so my recommendation is based on a professional and not just personal view.
Hope that helps.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Shimokuta

#9 Post by Shimokuta »

Ralph wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:24 pm Or have Air Manager installed there, without a license. Then trough for example TeamViewer or Windows remote desktop flash them in case it is necessary.
That IS a good one ralph!
Didn’t think about that

Shimokuta

#10 Post by Shimokuta »

jph wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:26 am Indeed. As @Ralph says. This is a FAR better option owing to your setup and the number of attached to devices.
I would highly recommend that you change the AP machine license to an AM machine licence to give you this flexibility. You can always ask Ralph about a special deal on an upgrade from AP for your specific case and usage. :)

I would also recommend a complete and frequent backup system in use on the machine with 20 Arduinos connected. Backups should be the norm on ANY system anyway, but it has not been unknown for a minor issue to become highlighted with a new Arduino flash and program update.
Always backup to an external drive - preferably 3 drives in rotation.

The best program to use is totally free and a most superb backup solution. I have used this program for more than 10 years on ALL my PC's and laptops.

The program recommended is EaseUS TODO Backup free,
https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html

Scroll down and ensure you download the totally free program. It will do everything the normal user would require. There are no annoying popups or stupid ads. It is a seriously good program.

If you look at my signature you will see that my background is IT and network security at the very highest level and qualified to CISSP so my recommendation is based on a professional and not just personal view.
Hope that helps.
Joe
Yes, as i am an it professional too, i know backup is important.
I use onedrive for cloud backup and other storage devices in house to export my stuff.