A32NX FBW Overhead

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Scarabee78

A32NX FBW Overhead

#1 Post by Scarabee78 »

Hi pilots,

You have been patient, here is the request. Look forward to your comments...
https://flightsim.to/file/27278/a32nx-o ... innovation

Scarabée

DeltaCharlie

Re: A32NX FBW Overhead

#2 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Hi !
Fantastic work.

Just a (maybe silly) question : I'm new to Air Manager - just bought it after having seen this overhead for the 320.

I've been able to recreate a complete overhead, and to display it on a remote android tablet (thanks to Space Desk).

Everything's working fine with the touch screen of the tablet, I just can't find how to use the rotary know (ADIRS knobs, wipers, integ lt ...). How please do you turn those knobs on a touch screen ?

Also (this question is more linked to Space desk, but just in case ...), is it possible to prevent the mouse cursor from moving to the tablet when touching the buttons ?

Many thanks @Scarabee78 for this great work , and thanks in advance to any one that could help me ;-)

Scarabee78

#3 Post by Scarabee78 »

Hi DeltaCharlie,
DeltaCharlie wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:41 pmHow please do you turn those knobs on a touch screen ?
I think you should install AirManager app on your tablet, BUT : AM app version is 4.0 (so wiper and int light will not turn) and instruments online are waiting for update i sent soon (ACP, Cover 1+2 are coming)...
So, the solution is AirManager app but not imediatly...

Scarabée

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

How please do you turn those knobs on a touch screen ?
If you have touch enabled the knobs should highlight in blue when they are touched. When touching the knob keep your finger on the screen and move it outside of the blue highlight and then move it around the circle in either direction to change its position. It’s a little tricky which is why most users tend to use a knobster for rotary control.

DeltaCharlie

#5 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Scarabee78 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:46 am Hi DeltaCharlie,
DeltaCharlie wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:41 pmHow please do you turn those knobs on a touch screen ?
I think you should install AirManager app on your tablet, BUT : AM app version is 4.0 (so wiper and int light will not turn) and instruments online are waiting for update i sent soon (ACP, Cover 1+2 are coming)...
So, the solution is AirManager app but not imediatly...

Scarabée
Hi (bonjour !) and thanks for your reply. I'll check the android app when updated, then.

In between, could'nt the rotarys be used with touch zones (instead of turning them, you click on "OFF / NAV / ATT" to set the ADIRS switch accordingly ?)

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

Yes is the simple answer but the instrument would need to be coded to do it that way. It’s the instrument authors choice as it can be implemented a few different ways.

freedom

#7 Post by freedom »

Great job and congratulations!

Dimming of the moveable switches is a challenging task and you nailed it.

Just the knob pointer illuminations to go.

Scarabee78

#8 Post by Scarabee78 »

Thanks Freedom for your support,

I just forgot the knob pointer :o ... next version ;)

Scarabée

catflyer38

#9 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Thierry, today we found some Errors in the A32NX FlyByWire Overhead - Air cond panel

The Cockpit, FWD Cabin and AFT Cabin Controls where not working properly anymore.

- Use: FBW Development version from last week
- Use: A32NX FlyByWire Overhead - Air cond panel Version 1.6.0

In the FlyByWire documentation it is written that the range for the three variables is 0 to 100, but this seems to be changed to 0 t 300.
local lvar_LVcockpit = {"L:A32NX_OVHD_COND_CKPT_SELECTOR_KNOB","num"}
local lvar_LVfwdcabin = {"L:A32NX_OVHD_COND_FWD_SELECTOR_KNOB","num"}
local lvar_LVaftcabin = {"L:A32NX_OVHD_COND_AFT_SELECTOR_KNOB","num"}

Problem can be solved by the following changes:

line 90: rotate(cockpit_knob,(cockpit-150)*0.9)
line 91: rotate(fwdcabin_knob,(fwdcabin-150)*0.9)
line 92: rotate(aftcabin_knob,(aftcabin-150)*0.9)

line 103: function tog_cockpit(direction) fs2020_variable_write(lvar_LVcockpit[1],lvar_LVcockpit[2],var_cap(var_cockpit+(direction*5),0,300)) end
line 104: function tog_fwdcabin(direction) fs2020_variable_write(lvar_LVfwdcabin[1],lvar_LVfwdcabin[2],var_cap(var_fwdcabin+(direction*5),0,300)) end
line 105: function tog_aftcabin(direction) fs2020_variable_write(lvar_LVaftcabin[1],lvar_LVaftcabin[2],var_cap(var_aftcabin+(direction*5),0,300)) end

Regards Alexander

Sling

#10 Post by Sling »

Perhaps it’s because you are using the dev version. The overhead functions were tested against the stable version. If this feature has changed in the dev build that will be why.