Twin Otter Premium Panel

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Tetrachromat

Re: Twin Otter Premium Panel

#21 Post by Tetrachromat »

Hi @arathald

Attached you can find an export file including the seven engine instruments and the fuel quantity indicator.
DHC6_Engine_Instruments.siff
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
Please let me know if something does not work as expected. I use a slightly modified 'DHC6_Interior.xml' file for the Aerosoft Otter, but the engine instruments should not be affected by that.

Paul

jph

#22 Post by jph »

Crunchmeister wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:28 pm
Ralph wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:09 pm Does the TO in FS2020 have G1000's?
I don't have the plane, but I know there are several variants of it included. All the screenshots of the interior I've seen so far only have steam gauges. Not sure if they went and stuck G1000s in any of the variants or not.
You could always build the glass cockpit 400 version of the twotter. It is fitted with Honeywell Primus Apex. ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

arathald

#23 Post by arathald »

Tetrachromat wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:25 pm Hi @arathald

Attached you can find an export file including the seven engine instruments and the fuel quantity indicator.

Please let me know if something does not work as expected. I use a slightly modified 'DHC6_Interior.xml' file for the Aerosoft Otter, but the engine instruments should not be affected by that.

Paul
Fantastic, thanks so much! Everything looks like it's working as expected.
jph wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:17 am
Crunchmeister wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:28 pm
Ralph wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:09 pm Does the TO in FS2020 have G1000's?
I don't have the plane, but I know there are several variants of it included. All the screenshots of the interior I've seen so far only have steam gauges. Not sure if they went and stuck G1000s in any of the variants or not.
You could always build the glass cockpit 400 version of the twotter. It is fitted with Honeywell Primus Apex.
Viking-Twin-Otter-Series-400-Technical-Specifications-R-01-2018.pdf
;)
I'd love to do this, but I think many of these displays require popouts that wouldn't be available - I'm not aware of standalone versions of the honeywell avionics.

FarmerTom

#24 Post by FarmerTom »

Finished my Panels and Hardware Functions for the MSFS Aerosoft Twin-Otter today.
First flight went well. Now the finetuning starts. Thanks a lot to @blackflyjim for his wonderful RWDesign Twin Otter Instruments and to @Tetrachromat for the Conversion of the Engine Instruments... I only had to convert a few more Instruments to get a working Panel.
As soon as Russ finished the Conversion of his Twin-Otter premium Panel, i will use this.
image.png

Stubenflieger

#25 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello,

to pick up that topic again a request: is there any estimation when the FS2020 Twin Otter premium panel will be available in the sim innovations store?

I love the Twin Otter but i have to click a lot on the vc instead of using my touchscreen setup since for flipping buttons and there are so many switches...

Thank you!

BR Markus
Image check my videos on youtube!

Ralph

#26 Post by Ralph »

I have purchased the model, and downloaded it. But I had no more time to work on it before my holiday. So I will start in September.

Stubenflieger

#27 Post by Stubenflieger »

Ok thank you very much.

Br Markus
Image check my videos on youtube!

boris4356

#28 Post by boris4356 »

Paul
I just purchased Air Manager and I am a bit confused on things. I was wondering if I purchased the premium Twin Otter panel for X-Plane, would I be able to use the the engine Gauges in MSFS 2020 with the export file, and if so where would I place the file?

Thanks,
Bill

jph

#29 Post by jph »

boris4356 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:13 pm I just purchased Air Manager and I am a bit confused on things. I was wondering if I purchased the premium Twin Otter panel for X-Plane, would I be able to use the the engine Gauges in MSFS 2020 with the export file, and if so where would I place the file?

Thanks,
Bill
Hi Bill and welcome to the forums,
That is not possible due to the panel code being encrypted as it is a commercial product. You cannot edit those instruments at all.
Ralph is working on the fs2020 game paid version when he gets time.
I am sure it will be worth the wait.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Tetrachromat

#30 Post by Tetrachromat »

boris4356 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:13 pm

Paul
I just purchased Air Manager and I am a bit confused on things. I was wondering if I purchased the premium Twin Otter panel for X-Plane, would I be able to use the the engine Gauges in MSFS 2020 with the export file, and if so where would I place the file?

Thanks,
Bill
The SIFF file needs to be imported into AirManager. You can leave it in your download folder and select it from the import dialog. the instruments will appear in your instruments list afterwards.

the file contains engine instruments converted to MSFS. Originals are from the community instruments not from the premium panel.