Twin Otter Premium Panel

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Twin Otter Premium Panel

#41 Post by jph »

Nice code Paul,
I like the pseudo 'class' usage in Lua.
Very interesting.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#42 Post by Ralph »

I checked some variable names against the older version, and those are completely different. So I'm not sure how much 1:1 this can be handled.

Tetrachromat

#43 Post by Tetrachromat »

Attached is an overview of all (generic and local) variables and events I have used on my instruments. Might give you a head start on the conversion.
Variables and Events used in DHC-6 instruments.txt
(14.52 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Paul

Ralph

#44 Post by Ralph »

I'm not really concerned about the variables at this point, I'm more concerned about the events / setting switches and such. I think that's the biggest problem.

Crunchmeister

#45 Post by Crunchmeister »

Ralph wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:58 pm I'm not really concerned about the variables at this point, I'm more concerned about the events / setting switches and such. I think that's the biggest problem.
I don't have the Twotter, but based on that list and how Aerosoft built the CRJ, many standard SDK events won't work and will require reading / setting LVARs for even simple things like fuel pumps or lights that normally have standard events.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Ralph

#46 Post by Ralph »

I'm afraid so. Tomorrow I will send the developer an email. I hope that he will be cooperative.

jph

#47 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:17 pm I'm afraid so. Tomorrow I will send the developer an email. I hope that he will be cooperative.
These are things that are definitely in the developers interest one would think. It HAS to add customers for him as someone may only want it IF they can use an AM premium panel.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.